Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:56:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Trying To Decide When You Don't Know The Cost!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Trying To Decide When You Don't Know The Cost!!!  ( 4762 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 29, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »

About 5 months late in doing this, but took my car down to have it Detailed yesterday.  Had planned to do it early last spring, but found a small rust spot on my rear wheel well and had Rainville's fix it for me.  Wanted to wait a while before I had it waxed and that while happened to be up until today.  While I have it down there am getting 4 new winter tires and an alignment job.  I leave my winter tires on year around with the few miles a year I make on the car.

Paquins gave me a loaner to use - It is a 2011 Nisson Versa - It is a small car, but really drives pretty good.  On my way home, looked down at my speedometer and saw I was going 60 MPH and didn't even realize it.  Was trying to decide if I really liked the car, but found it extremely difficult to decide whether I did or not as I have no idea what it cost.  Never realized that cost played such an important factor in whether I like something or not.

My 2004 Freestar has 63,000 miles on it and I make around 4,000 miles a year, so doubt I will have to make any big decisions on buying another car for a while and if I do doubt I will buy a new one.

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : November 29, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »

i dont understand henry ? is your car paid for? why would you want to go into debt again,but if your getting a wild hair i would go for something more sporty than a niisan just my opinion
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : November 29, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »

Actually Ed, I have no plans on trading in my car and when I picked it up tonight, Gee!! It drove so nice - Probably with the mileage I make, I am not going to go for Gas Mileage, more for comfort.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : November 30, 2011, 01:34:42 AM »

Henry,

KEEP the paid for car..

I agree so little with Ed,....so KEEP it.

And STOP driving them foreign cars!

Even if it "feels nice"
msm
: 211

« #4 : November 30, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »

Henry -- Go for It --- Buy American   ---   2012 Camaro SS

tried to cut and past a photo --- no luck --

Check out link :     http://www.chevrolet-camaro.info/2012_camaro_ss.html

My personal favorite --- RED ---

Have a great day  -- Mike M 

« : November 30, 2011, 11:42:22 AM Henry »
Jim M
: 20

« #5 : November 30, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »

I remember a car you had Many Many years ago, A Ford 2 seater but can't remember if it had a rumble seat.
  I also remember the night L. Mayo used a tractor front end loader with a grab hook to hook onto to the rear bumper of that car lifting the wheels off the ground while you were attempting to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hang Up:   You're NOT driving a 'phone booth.
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : November 30, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »

Jim, a mistake many people made is that it was a 1931 Chevy Coupe - I used to be thoroughly insulted when people called it a Ford Model A - It had 4.75 X 19 Tires with a spare on the back - The wheels had wire spokes - It had mechanical brakes and usually one would work on one of the wheels - It didn't have a rumble seat - this one had a trunk.  Paid $95 bucks for that car back in 1951, drove it for 8 years then stored it for 17 years - Sold it for $2,000 around 1975 - It was a great car - The guy that bought it was from Canada and he said he would drive it back when he had it completely restored, but I haven't seen him since.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: