Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:48:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Home Invasion Swanton !!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Home Invasion Swanton !!!  ( 4480 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : November 26, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE
INCIDENT: Home Invasion/Burglary
CASE #: 11A205514
TROOPER: Rolandini                      STATION:  St Albans                   
CONTACT#: 802-524-5993
DATE/TIME: 11/26/2011   0224 hours

LOCATION (specific): Grand Avenue
                     Swanton, VT
VIOLATION: Home Invasion/ Burglary
ACCUSED: Unknown                       
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE:

VICTIM:  Frederick Greeno                               

CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Swanton, VT
SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:
On November 26, 2011,  at approximately 0224 hours, 89 year old Frederick Greeno awoke to an activated motion alarm coming from his elderly wife's bedroom.  Mr. Greeno advised his wife suffered from Dementia and explained he sets the motion alarm to alert him if she gets out of bed and needs his assistance at night.
Waking to the activated alarm Mr. Greeno responded to his wife's bedroom. Mr. Greeno located his wife sleeping and figured he set the motion detector to sensitive.  Mr. Greeno adjusted the alarm and began to return to his bedroom. While walking to his bedroom he observed out of place items on his kitchen floor. Mr. Greeno became nervous and again checked on his wife.  As Mr. Greeno returned to his wife's bedroom he observed white sneakers behind the door of her bedroom.  Mr Greeno realized there was an intruder in his residence and moved the door. When he moved the door the intruder emerged and screamed at Mr Greeno.  Mr. Greeno said the intruder struck him in the right ear with an unknown object and attempted to flee.  Mr. Greeno gave chase, but the intruder was able to escape from the elderly man.
Mr. Greeno described the intruder as a white male  6'00" tall and approximately 200lbs.  The male was wearing black clothing which included a black hooded sweat shirt and white sneakers. At the time of the incident Mr. Greeno was able to determine cash had been stolen from his wallet.  There were several areas of the residence where the intruder left drawers and cabinets open after searching them.
As this investigation continues Police are requesting the publics assistance in locating a potential suspect. Please contact Vermont State Police St Albans at 802-524-5993 with any information.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : November 26, 2011, 07:54:03 AM »

This just disgusts me!  Robbing an 89 year old man and his wife with dementia....What the hell?  People have no conscience any more?  I'm sorry, I don't mean to rant, but I don't quite know what else to do.  Robbing someone is bad enough, I just couldn't imagine the cowardice of the slimeball that did this...  I really REALLY hope this guy gets caught and put in the public stockade where everyone has an opportunity to give him a piece of their mind.  I wonder if he would have an ounce of shame?  Thanks for letting me vent.  I hope you all have a great day, and I especially wish the Vermont State Police extra luck finding this Loser. 
slpott
: 457

« #2 : November 26, 2011, 08:44:55 AM »

I am just glad they are o.k. Can you imagine if this turned out for the worst and that was their final day exprerience. The older I get the more I don't like some people. This life would be so much better, safer and enjoyable without ill intent people. People should not have to feel they have to be armed living in their own home. It is disgusting. I used to feel bad for people that had issues but now I only feel bad if they enter my home. It will be their last day experience. I do not believe in violating others. People work hard for what they have and it is wrong to take that away from them. Especially the elderly. I did not think I could be so nasty but this sickens me as well.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : November 28, 2011, 12:55:53 PM »

I totally agree.  This makes me sick to my stomach. What a low life.... So glad that the couple is fine! Bless his heart for fighting back.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: