Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:13:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fourth Wettest Year On Record and It Is Only Mid October
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fourth Wettest Year On Record and It Is Only Mid October  ( 1806 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 17, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »

Another day, another blog about rain.

This weekend the rain totals in Burlington pushed the annual precipitation to more than 46 inches.  It brings the queen city to number four on the charts for wettest years.  Only four more inches to go and it'll be the wettest year ever recorded in BTV.

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : October 17, 2011, 12:14:17 PM »

From what I hear from friends and relatives this year ( 2011 ) should be listed as the third , right behind the melting of the last Glacier and the 1927 flood . In the BFP this morning an article featured boulders from Winooski Quarries being delivered via rail to Bethel and then trucked to Rt. 107 to rebuild the roadway base, so that gravel etc. could then be utilized on top of them to BEGIN to rebuild the road . The work ahead for the Transportation Department staggers one's imagination and they only have 4 weeks before the snow flies . Rt 107 is the only highway from Rt. 4 directly to Rt I-89 which can handle truck traffic, skiers and business commutes to and from Rutland from Central Vermont . 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: