Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:26:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Harold Louis Moquin, Jr., Obituary
« previous next »
: [1]
: Harold Louis Moquin, Jr., Obituary  ( 2987 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 16, 2011, 07:12:38 AM »

HAROLD LOUIS MOQUIN, JR.
January 9, 1934 - October 15, 2011

Milton - Harold Louis Moquin Jr. 77, died unexpectedly early Saturday morning October 15, 2011 at the Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington. Harold was born on January 9, 1934 in Burlington the son of the late Harold and Ethel (Roberts) Moquin. Harold enlisted in US Army in 1952 during the Korean Conflict. He underwent Infantry training at Fort Dix, N.J. He trained at Fort Belvoir, Va. with the Corp of Combat Engineers. Hoping for an assignment with Korean duty, he was sent to the Rhine Engineering Headquarters Depot in Kaiserslautern, Germany. He served with the Military Police attaining the Rank of Corporal. He was honorably discharged following his return to the United States at the end of 1954.

Harold joined the Essex Junction Police Department in 1955 serving proudly as a Senior Patrol Officer for 12 years. During this time he also served with the Chittenden County Sheriff Department as Deputy Sheriff. He was also a Deputy Fish and Game Warden and served as 2nd Constable for the Town of Essex.

In 1967, Harold left Law Enforcement and went to work for the Millbrook Bread Company as a Driver/Salesman. A position he held for 21 years. In 1987, he was employed by the Medical Center Hospital of Vermont which later became Fletcher Allen Health Care as a Security Officer for 12 years, retiring in 1998.

He and his wife Kathy loved spending time on their boat together. He also loved Bass fishing and Competitive Dart Shooting as well as being an avid NASCAR fan (who loved # 24, Jeff Gordon ).

Harold is survived by his wife Kathy, of over 43 years, whom he cherished and was the love of his life;  By their children and spouses, Cheryl Moquin, Stephen & Lori Moquin, Tammy and Bruce Weston, Brian Moquin, Stacey and Robert Hamblett, and Shawn Moquin and his friend Dawn, by 11 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren, his brother in laws Mike, Kevin and Kim and his sister in laws Maureen and Karen as well as several nieces and nephews.

Harold was predeceased by his sisters Betty Spaulding and Shirley Dennis.

A Funeral Service will be held on Thursday October 20, 2011 at 11 am in the Minor Funeral Home with Harold's brother in law, Rev. Kim Ranson officiating. Memorial may be made to the Milton Rescue, 43 Bombardier Road, Milton, VT. 05468. Visiting hours will be on Wednesday October 19, 2011 from 4-7pm in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 17, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »

Remembered back in the CB days, handles like:  June Bug, Precious and Gas Man, Digger, Chatty Kathy, & Smoker as well as others that won't come back to me right now.  Harold Moquin was Smoker and his wife was Chatty Kathy.  The above were all from Milton and here in Fairfax there was Rabbitman and Lady Rabbit who were Henry & Maryann Raymond.  There are a number of others that I can't remember who had handles rather than their name.  This group, which Smoker was a part of, is one that Maryann & I belonged to.  Unfortunately in many cases we never remembered the real names and I saw Smoker, working at Minor's Funeral Home a while back, and sure enough, I called him Smoker, because I couldn't remember his real name.

This was a group of Old CBers who would come to your rescue in a heartbeat, if you ever had a problem.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: