Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Geoff Forsey
« previous next »
: [1]
: Geoff Forsey  ( 7705 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 07, 2011, 07:58:17 AM »

There are several postings on Facebook that state that Geoff Forsey, BFA-Fairfax Class of 1979 passed away last night around 8 p.m.  Geoff was in my oldest daughter's class and if memory serves me correctly was quite the sportsman.  As soon as I get official verification, I will post it here.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : October 07, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »

Jeez. Geoff was an all around athlete, and a rarity on the pitcher's mound.........A southpaw. The '77 season we played a home game vs. Missisquoi. Al Corey from WWSR was there calling the game live over the radio. We won. Senior year, the championship year, he also tossed a one-hitter at home against Enosburg on a Saturday. I called it in to WCAX and they reported the game on the sports, including naming Geoff, that night.
A lot of memories of Geoff.
Sad sad sad.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : October 07, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »

Geoff became involved in BFA sports when he entered high school as a tuition student from Westford in the fall of 1975 , making his presence known in Soccer , Basketball , Baseball and Cross-Country before he graduated with the Class of 1979 . Quick reflexes , speed to burn and an unbelievably competitive nature made him a delight to watch in the sports venues , plus he was a good natured young man whom everybody seemed to like . His family was supportive of the BFA School System and they seldom missed an event that he or his brother Mike were involved in . My best wishes to them , and to Geoff's friends at this sad time , and know that he will be missed .   
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : October 07, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »

If that's true I'm shocked n saddened.  I only met his family @5 years ago but instantly knew them as good people.  I really hope this as being a false report

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Suzy
: 429

« #4 : October 07, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »

It is, sadly, true.

Suzy Kneeland
Suzy

« #5 : October 08, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »

In lieu of flowers Geoff requested donations in his name to Fairfax Fletcher Westford Little League PO Box 51 Fairfax VT 05454.
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : October 08, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »

A W Rich Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements - I will post as soon as they come through with a link to the web site

Henry Raymond
Suzy

« #7 : October 08, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »

To honor Geoff's life the family would like to put together a slide show of pics set to music to share at the celebration of his life SUNDAY OCTOBER 16th 1-5 at his and Diane's home 56 Manley Road Westford. If you have any pics, song requests, other creative ideas please email them to Jennifer at: we3mcg@metrocast.net. Matt Mitchell and Jennifer are getting together sometime this weekend to start working on it - any thoughts, pics, song requests are very appreciated - we want this to honor Geoff and all the lives he touched. Thank you so much.
roadkill
: 80

« #8 : October 08, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »

Thank you for that info Suzy, I moved to fairfax in 77 and left for the army in 81 but had the great pleasure of battling an upperclassman like Geoff. He was a Winner. I would always see him at home baseball games with Dianne, he had no kids playing but surely loved the game of baseball. Lasltly, Thank You Mr. Brown for what you had to say regarding Geoff. This place sorely misses a man like you that was so dedicated to ensuring we all got educated and were still allowed to be free thinkers. God Bless you Geoff and your family, We all mourn now.
Henry
Administrator

« #9 : October 08, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »

Geoff's full obituary can be found at:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=12763.0

Henry Raymond
avbball
: 17

« #10 : October 10, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »

As an Officer of the FFWLL Little League, I want to say we are so touched by the designation of our organization to carry on Geoff's memory. I did not know him personally, but I can see from this forum that he was very highly regarded and must have been a very special person. We are honored that Geoff selected FFWLL, and offer our sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Allison Volz, as representative of the FFWLL Board of Directors
: [1]  
« previous next »
: