Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:27:14 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Cub Scouts: Pie Pumpkins: Meals for Thanksgiving
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cub Scouts: Pie Pumpkins: Meals for Thanksgiving  ( 3854 )
David Shea
: 471

« : September 29, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »

Hello,
This past spring the Webelos Den planted pumpkins so that we could sell them to the community as a way to raise money to buy Thanksgiving Meals for Fairfax residence in need.  Last year in a joint venture with the Baptist Church the Cub Scouts Raised enough money to provide meals for 8 local families in need. 

Once again we are selling the pumpkins, squash and gourds that the boys grew as a way to give back to our community.

Prices:

Pie Pumpkins: 2.00 - 4.00 each
Winter Squash 2.00 - 4.00 each
Gourds: 1.00 - 2.00 each

Contact: David Shea: jdkshea@myfairpoint.net or 802-782-2409
« : September 29, 2011, 09:59:33 AM Henry »
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : September 29, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »

Henry,

Good morning, I was hoping that you could put the pictures of the cub scouts
planting pumpkins under my post from this am.  I will send one more photo
and then later when the sun is out send a picture of the pumpkins and
squash.

Dave

Got it Dave and will post the other photo when I get it. - Henry

Henry Raymond
David Shea

« #2 : September 29, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »

Thanks for helping me out Henry.

FYI during our ongoing metal drive we took in a bike or two that needed minor tinkering to be usable again.  We did the work necessary with the help of the boys. 

Recently, I was contacted by an agency that had a teenage client who needed a bike to ride.  The Webelos group decided to donated a bike to the young person so that they could get around.  We have been supported by a the Fairfax Community and try to do our part to "pay it forward".

Dave Shea
David Shea

« #3 : October 06, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »

A big thank you goes out to the Fairfax Community!  Once again the Cub Scouts have sold out of our Pumpkins, Squash, & Gourds.  With the support of the Fairfax community we once again will be able to help some of those in need this Thanksgiving.

Respectfully
David Shea
Assistant Cubmaster Pack 853
: [1]  
« previous next »
: