Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:32:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The Devil Made Me Do It
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Devil Made Me Do It  ( 4315 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 17, 2011, 08:41:24 AM »

Was scanning through my Satellite Channels last night looking for something to watch and they had a Fund Drive going for VPT which would give you 4 DVDs of the Ed Sullivan Shows, with different little segments to entice you to buy.  It brought back memories to the late 1950s when we bought our first television.  Went down to Shorty Lemoine's (later known as The Finch House) with my parents and sister and watched a couple of television programs.  One was The Ed Sullivan Show and the other was The Jackie Gleason show.  We thought this was the most fantastic thing we had ever seen.  Ended up going over to Doug Tobin's in Cambridge and buying a TV with antenna all installed.  We didn't get much for television back then, and I remember watching a lot of programs that had so much snow on them that you could hardly see the picture, but to us it was great.  I remember my Dad going to bed on Saturday night and then getting up around 11 p.m. to watch wrestling - I think it was on the French Station from Montreal, Channel 2.  The next station we got was Channel 8 in Poland Springs Maine.

One of the comedians they had on The VPT show was a colored guy who did a sketch on "The Devil Made Me Do It".  Really funny and appropriate for me to watch as I was looking for an excuse for something I had done yesterday.

Was driving around Town yesterday wondering what I would have for supper.   Well, I remembered back when I was a kid, M H Fishman's in St. Albans had a food counter in it.  The store was located on the corner of Main & Kingman Streets and it had a food counter with high bar stools that you could sit at.  They served sandwiches and ice cream and soft drinks.  One of the things that I remembered was their hotdogs with the steamed rolls - Absolutely the best I have ever eaten and back then they cost 15 cents.  Well, with my mouth still watering for them I stopped at Minor's Store to pick up a loaf of bread and out in front of their Deli was a sign - "2 Hotdogs For $2.69".  Well enough said, as I heard the Devil whispering in my ear, "Why don't you get a couple of these Hotdogs Henry - They won't hurt you."  So I did, that Dam Devil made me do it.

Henry Raymond
Trekr
: 140

« #1 : September 17, 2011, 12:58:23 PM »

The devil made me do it guy was Flip Wilson
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : September 17, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »

Thanks Trekr - I could visualize his face, but couldn't think of his name

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : September 17, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »

Mr Wilson is an Icon.

Funny funny man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLifea3NHQ

Henry
Administrator

« #4 : September 17, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »

Thats the one they had on VPT last night.

Henry Raymond
cu_soon_pam
: 21

« #5 : September 17, 2011, 11:22:33 PM »

Flip Wilson also did a skit where he dressed like a girl called Geralgine. Very funny. Henry the 2 hot dogs won't hurt as much as the price increase. I'd love to see a 15 cent hot dog again
Mike Raburn

« #6 : September 17, 2011, 11:33:21 PM »

YouTube....gotta love it.

Mike Raburn

« #7 : September 17, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »

Flip Wilson also did a skit where he dressed like a girl called Geralgine. Very funny. Henry the 2 hot dogs won't hurt as much as the price increase. I'd love to see a 15 cent hot dog again

Geraldine and Ali...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCruefYl3FI
: [1]  
« previous next »
: