Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:50:02 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  LITTLE LEAGUE PAYS FOR COMMUNITY PARK BACKSTOP
« previous next »
: [1]
: LITTLE LEAGUE PAYS FOR COMMUNITY PARK BACKSTOP  ( 2862 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 06, 2004, 07:26:21 AM »

On Monday evening, Oct 4th, Peg Stewart, Mike Brown, Myles Cahoon and I attended a special meeting of the Fairfax Fletcher Westford Little League Administrators to discuss the possibility of Little League paying for a $4,300 backstop for the newly completed Park Phase I ball field.  Two years ago the Little League had indicated that they would buy the backstop as a sponsor match for our grant for this Park Phase I.  Earlier this year it appeared we had grant funds that would cover it, since the Guard had more than matched our grant's sponsor requirement (the Guard's three years of work versus one year as originally estimated), so we had released Little League from this commitment.   Because of greater costs of the hired contractor to finish the ball field and access road (which were definitely worth it...just go down and take a look at that ball field....it is something special), Phase I was over budget and if the Little League could pay for the backstop, budget-wise the project would be in a better position financially.  After an hour of discussion, the FFW Little League voted to pay for the backstop and have allocated up to $6,000 for this purpose!

Thanks goes to the school and Little League for their collaborative effort in securing this donation.  Thank you Mike Brown and Don Demar for your efforts in facilitating this agreement.

Without the Little League assistance, this over budget situation would have been addressed by more fundraising or grant writing and still may be, depending upon the final breakdown of some other material costs yet to be delivered on site.

~ Carol

Carol Lizotte
Fairfax Community Park and Recreation Path Project - Grant Administrator
Fairfax Recreation Director

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: