Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:44:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 7/24/11 and Blog- The Pinnacle
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 7/24/11 and Blog- The Pinnacle  ( 8656 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 23, 2011, 11:50:17 PM »

Sunday July 24, 2011
Picture of the Day

Anthony with Laura and Lonnie Lacaillade at Drummond before the All-Star A-Main.

THE PINNACLE

I hope I am using the right word for the situation.
This will be the day that Anthony reaches the top. The top rung. The top series. It doesn't get higher than this.
Anthony will attempt to qualify with the World of Outlaws Sunday at the Lebanon Valley Speedway.
This would be like Brian Hoar or Brent Dragon or Phil Scott taking their ACT late model to Loudon and trying to qualify for the NASCAR Sprint Cup race.
Most of the big names will be there. Steve Kinser. Donny Schatz. Maybe Sammy Swindell. Jason Meyers. Joey Saldana will not be there because he broke his arm in a crash a few days ago.

And the thing is, Anthony will not be going as a field filler with a 360 motor. He has the 410, and will be looking for a decent finish. Yes, he will be staying out of the way of the big guys, but he may be able to be racy with some of the back markers.

This would not have happened without Lonnie and Laura Lacaillade. As car owners since the end of the 2007 season and starting with 2008, they have been the ones footing the bills. To make an investment like this you have to believe in the person. Lonnie was driving a sprint in 2006, but stepped aside to help Anthony in 2007. When Anthony had the bad wreck at Granby, Lonnie was the one who stepped up and bought a chassis so they could keep racing.
This year Anthony found a reasonably priced 410 motor, and here we are. He raced with the All Stars and finished 11th all three times. But it was the seat time that will help him Sunday night.
This is the top of their careers, racing wise. There is no sprintcar division higher than the World of Outlaws.

Thank you Lonnie and Laura, for believing in my nephew. Thank you Anthony, for having a talent worth believing in.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: