Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:13:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FFSC Fall Soccer Season Begins 8/1/11 SIgn-up QUICK
« previous next »
: [1]
: FFSC Fall Soccer Season Begins 8/1/11 SIgn-up QUICK  ( 4202 )
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« : July 18, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »

Coaches meeting for Fall soccer is this Wednesday 7/20 - where team lotteries will be done.  If you haven't registered you child/children yet - there's still time - even after the season starts kids can still be registered as FFSC doesn't turn kids away.

Please note though - that after August 1 - late fees will go from $10 - $15 per child and after the coaches meeting players will be placed on teams in a pre-determined order ( making team sizes as even as possible).   Questions?  call Dan Banach 849-9356.  Registrations can be found at Minors on the board and will be in J&L and Steeple by 8/19.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Wormerod
: 44

« #1 : July 19, 2011, 08:24:41 AM »

If you need an application and can not get to one of our local stores to pick one up, message me here with your email address and I can email an application to you.

Bill Ormerod

Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : July 19, 2011, 05:21:39 PM »

Good Evening , Henry             I'm really pleased to see the FFSC organizing and planning to continue for another season. It's a terrific program and plays an important part in the development of both individuals and higher level teams at BFA . Congratulations to all concerned who donate their time and efforts to keep the kids involved in a positive way.
I'm sure that Sam Webb would highly approve of this program also. In case people have forgotten , Sam started the Fairfax Soccer Program in the late 1930's which culminated in BFA winning the State Championship in 1939 ( One of his top players  at that time was Doug Webb , longtime resident , farmer , sugarmaker and selectman in his adult years ) . Because of WW II , I believe , that program was closed and not started up until 1962 , when I was hired as a teacher and coach and asked by the School Board to initiate a soccer program .
Great sport , great history at Fairfax involving Charlie Hazen , Gary Gilbert and David Clark for many wonderful years  . 
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : July 20, 2011, 08:41:01 AM »

It's easy to forget that elderly people were once young adults and teens who played sports and did (thought & felt) many of the same things that teens today (and always) have done. It's always nice to hear these stories. It's a good reminder that regardless of how fast technology is changing the face of things, at the core people (kids esp) are really pretty much the same. :-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: