Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:37:29 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 7/4/11 and Blog-Off To Quebec, and Other Musings
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 7/4/11 and Blog-Off To Quebec, and Other Musings  ( 2679 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 04, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »

Monday July 4, 2011
Happy Independence Day!!
Picture of the Day

Anthony posted this picture on Facebook this morning. This is the car he will be competing with the All Star Circuit of Champions this week.

I will be out of reach for a couple of days as we will be in Quebec for Anthony's inaugural attempt with the 410 motor. Unless there is wi-fi somewhere, You won't get a posting until Wednesday morning. I plan on taking lots of pictures.

Strange. No tennis from Wimbledon on July 4th this year. They must have pushed the tournement up a week. Funny how we celebrate our independence from England and then watch Wimbledon on the 4th.

FIFA Women's World Cup has been going on. US plays Sweden Wednesday to see who wins the group stage. Been watching a lot of women's soccer lately. Some of the goals have been great.

Someone mentioned on Facebook that they saw a Back To School commercial. That's just wrong.

Holy crap. What a display of fireworks around town Saturday and Sunday nights. The economy must be OK. Some of those fireworks looked expensive.

If you ever want to see the true meaning of Independence Day, watch "1776". Yes, it's a musical, but still one of my favorites. The FCTC did a great job doing the stage version a few years ago. I may be biased because my sister, Margie, directed, but it was one of their better productions.

Have a safe 4th everyone!
« : July 04, 2011, 10:00:26 AM MikeF9 »

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: