Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:55:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  TURTLE!
« previous next »
: [1]
: TURTLE!  ( 3572 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 11, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »

This turtle was digging in the dirt along in front of Thayer's house near Marvin's Veggie Stand Friday morning. Marvin was sputtering that eventually it would end up parking itself over in his garden. The turtle then moved away from the road and settled under a lilac bush near the house. Marvin says the turtle is usually spotted over by the pulloff across from the Town Office near the large embankment going down to Mill Brook. Marvin also guessed the age of the turtle at 20 years. It's an old one for sure.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
mrome
: 37

« #1 : June 11, 2011, 07:56:55 PM »

From Marvin's house, the turtle lumbered down the middle of Maple Street toward the covered bridge, stopping a few cars (thankfully they stopped), and then went down the bank toward Mill Brook. I think they come up to lay eggs in gardens...or soft dirt of some kind. I know I found quite a number of eggs in my garden one spring.
Margo
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : June 17, 2011, 01:08:09 AM »

I have ALWAYS wondered.

Where the heck do they go in winter there?

Florida?

Deep underground?

Where?????????????
: [1]  
« previous next »
: