Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:16:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Save Thousands $$$ Next Winter
« previous next »
: [1]
: Save Thousands $$$ Next Winter  ( 2710 )
nancyd
: 304

« : June 02, 2011, 10:23:58 AM »

Hi Neighbors!
Yes I know it's Spring, and soon it will be hot, hot, hot. But I feel obligated to let you know how we saved thousands this winter!
It was all my son's doing. Last year we paid about $1,000.00 / per month for propane from Pyrofax for about 6 months. Ouch and double Ouch! This winter we made big changes. 1) we sealed all windows in clear plastic. ( cheap kits you can buy in hardware) 2) we replaced our wood burning stove with the best Harman pellet stove. Love it!!!
We bought wood pellets from Vermont Co-Op for about $279.00/ton. Free delivery. We used about 8 tons. $2,232.00. We bought a good 50gal electric water heater ( Craigs List, almost new for $75.00 ) .This allowed us to take propane out of the equation for heating the house water. Now propane is used Only for cooking on the gas stove! We bought Vornado electric heaters for rooms that needed a little extra heat.  Very good reviews on these. Small and very efficient. Has built-in thermostat and heats up room within 1-2 minutes. Very safe.

Well that's it folks... Oh yes... We got $1500.00 energy tax break on the pellet stove.
We did save thousands!!!!  I wanted to pass this information to you.

My best to you. I hope you too can save next winter!
Nancyd
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : June 02, 2011, 03:57:09 PM »

there is a few other things you can do to tweak your system
nancyd
: 304

« #2 : June 02, 2011, 04:17:19 PM »

rod anode,
Is it a secret?  Can you tell us more? Don't leave us hanging....
Do tell!!!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: