Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:26:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What Do We Do Now? Fairfax Falls "Park"
« previous next »
: [1]
: What Do We Do Now? Fairfax Falls "Park"  ( 4004 )
nancyd
: 304

« : May 24, 2011, 08:47:09 AM »

Hello,
I'm new to forum, and I have a question or two or three.
Have you seen the Fairfax Falls fishing area? It is totally all
filled with rocks... No "beach area" anymore. Can't park there
anymore. No place to put in our kayaks. Will the town clear the
area? Should we have a community volunteer day to clear it
up? Where can we put in our kayaks??? I miss not being able
to go to the "park".
Suggestions/comments? Thanks
Nancyd
CLach
: 98

« #1 : May 26, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »

Hi Nancy,
I am not sure if the town will clean up the Falls area, but I wanted to respond regarding your kayaks.  I, too, like to kayak the river.  One spot you can drop them in is across the street from the beginning of Shepardsons Hollow Rd on River Rd.  If you walk in, or drive in later in the summer when it isnt so wet on the trail, you can drop the kayaks in there and head out.  I also drop my kayaks in at the top of the falls when the river is calmer.  There a small trail leading down to the river that is a "Canoe launch" area.  At this point I kayak up the river which is quite pleasant when the river turns away from the rd (104).  Another place I like to go is Arrowhead Lake off of 104A..I know it isnt right in town but its an easy in and out type place to launch the kayaks.  I hope this info helped a little bit. 
I agree with the idea of a cleanup day, that is a great area to take the family to.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : May 26, 2011, 11:22:45 AM »

Our next Selectboard Meeting is on the first Monday in June.
I'll bring it up then and report back here.

My sons and I have greatly enjoyed the Fairfax Falls fishing area.
I have not been down there since the flooding.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Wormerod
: 44

« #3 : May 26, 2011, 01:10:31 PM »

CVPS has a Crew rebuilding the road to the generating station today. perhaps they will swing over to the river road fishing access as well ???
nancyd
: 304

« #4 : May 26, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »

Thanks everyone! Good information!  My son and I Kayak down the river 3 or 4 times a week and we have such a great time. Last year we even went in the dark... Wore head lamps... I do not recommend this! I was scared. At 63 years old.... I should be ( it was a stupid idea) .
It's a great way to bond with your kids. Sometimes we drop in at our backyard and head all the way to Lake Arrowhead. That's exciting when the rapids are running.... I get scared then too, but it's fun!  Another way I like to go is in a rubber boat but not when the river is low. Too many rocks !  Have fun out there! And thanks for your replies.
Nancyd
: [1]  
« previous next »
: