Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:45:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  5/5/11 Blog- Thank You Mr. President
« previous next »
: [1]
: 5/5/11 Blog- Thank You Mr. President  ( 8942 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : May 04, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »

May 5, 2011

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT

Dear President Obama,

I would like to thank you and the Armed Forces of the United States of America for finding the most wanted man in the world, Osama bin Laden, and bringing him to justice.
It was quite the scene Sunday night as I watched the celebrations take place in Washington D.C. and in New York City. Social media was going through the roof as people logged on and expressed their joy and happiness.

This country has been sharply divided the past few years, differing in ideology, political opinions, and the state of our union. I felt that this news, that our feared enemy was dead, would bring the people of this country back together.

As the hours passed Monday and Tuesday, I realized that we are still divided. People on social media began posting that it was not YOU that killed bin Laden, that it was an American soldier that did it, that YOU just happened to be President at the time and that this was not a victory for YOU, but for the US Military.

I feel that this was a victory for everyone, you, your administration, the military, and the people of the United States.

As I have been following the news, I have learned quite a bit about the lead-up and the decisions made about the raid. Like…….
Some of your advisors wanted to bomb the compound where bin Laden was.
You wanted actual DNA samples to prove we actually got him.
Ultimately, it was you that decided to send in an elite team of Navy Seals to do the job. This was a very risky decision, as past raids have met with failure, either with loss of civilian life, or the lives of the military personnel.
As you followed the raid, you first concern was the safety of our troops. Thankfully, the job was completed, and every one of our troops came home safe.

But what you got by going in with an elite team, as compared to just blowing the place up, will go a long way to keeping our country safe in the War on Terrorism. Our troops found documents, computer hard drives, computer disks, phone numbers, and ledgers. I read that bin Laden had phone numbers sewn into his clothes. Such items might have been destroyed in a bombing.

If this was a football game, we just came into the possession of our opponent’s playbook.

While the War continues, this was a major battle victory. There may be retaliation by our enemy, but we will deal with it, if and when it happens.

Thank you Mr. President, for being the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces, and thank you to the men and women who serve in our military, for protecting this country, and to allow me the freedom to write this blog.

Sincerely,
Mike Cain

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Margie
: 156

« #1 : May 05, 2011, 07:41:41 AM »

Nice one, big brother.  :-)
trussell
: 870

« #2 : May 05, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »

Nice job Mike.  Did you send this to the President?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : May 05, 2011, 10:31:34 AM »

Uh, no I didn't. Maybe I will e-mail it to the White House.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mojovt
: 77

« #4 : May 05, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »

I think you should, Mike!

Scott Day
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : May 05, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »

Hooyah!!! Go NAVY!!

Good write up Mike!!

We all win in this, it's a win for our country as a whole!! I was hoping that it would help us all unite again but the who gets credit battle has started.  Can't we all just look at this thing and have some American pride and say wow we all did this as a nation.  It's been a long hard road looking for this guy and lot of our boys/girls have died. We have lost Fathers, Mothers, Sisters, Brothers and I know I have lost some good friends along the way.  In a time when everything seems to be so negative and mean spirited why can't we just keep this as a positive thing!!

to our troops, their families, all the people in our country that support them and to our President.  As Mike said before Thank you for a Job well done by all.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : May 05, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »

Nicely said Mike.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
suze
: 28

« #7 : May 05, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »

Nicely written- and I agree, you should send it to the white house.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #8 : May 06, 2011, 02:41:10 AM »

Nice Uncle Mike...... very nice.

Josh... we need to speak.

Hooyah!!! Go NAVY!!

Good write up Mike!!

We all win in this, it's a win for our country as a whole!! I was hoping that it would help us all unite again but the who gets credit battle has started.  Can't we all just look at this thing and have some American pride and say wow we all did this as a nation.  It's been a long hard road looking for this guy and lot of our boys/girls have died. We have lost Fathers, Mothers, Sisters, Brothers and I know I have lost some good friends along the way.  In a time when everything seems to be so negative and mean spirited why can't we just keep this as a positive thing!!

to our troops, their families, all the people in our country that support them and to our President.  As Mike said before Thank you for a Job well done by all.   
roadkill
: 80

« #9 : May 06, 2011, 09:20:19 PM »

Nice Mike, I am a die-hard Republican but am not bashfull to say that our President did a remarksble job and showed that he trusts the people that work for him. It was an historic day for Our Country. President Obama did what he did because he has  Great staff and respects the people that work for him. When someone belives in you, you can the the impossible. Our President did his job, did it very well. Thanx Mike
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #10 : May 07, 2011, 09:17:24 PM »

Roadkill, I am with you.

The nitwits on TV say "well President Obama took 15 hrs or so to make the decision", well duh.
We, and I say We, were entering a country with a bag full of nut jobs in-charge to get the objective. They have nukes mind ya. He had to think it through and get advice from professionals.
No shame in that.

Then the Paki's say don't do come in here again violate our borders.........and pop, we drone 8 more the next day or two. Awesome.

Now the UN want's info and details on the mission???
NOPE.

What is done is done.

And will be done again.

Nice Mike, I am a die-hard Republican but am not bashfull to say that our President did a remarksble job and showed that he trusts the people that work for him. It was an historic day for Our Country. President Obama did what he did because he has  Great staff and respects the people that work for him. When someone belives in you, you can the the impossible. Our President did his job, did it very well. Thanx Mike
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #11 : May 08, 2011, 09:56:27 AM »

Speak away Buddy, What's up?

Nice Uncle Mike...... very nice.

Josh... we need to speak.

« : May 08, 2011, 10:01:06 AM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]