Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:38:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  We are gonna pay for Illegal's healthcare?
« previous next »
: [1]
: We are gonna pay for Illegal's healthcare?  ( 6827 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« : May 04, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »

http://www.wcax.com/story/14556695/protestors-fight-immigrant-exclusion-in-health-bill

Hmmmmm am I understanding this correctly?  We are going to give our taxes dollars to pay for health care for people that shouldn't even be in first place? I guess we have money to give away here in Vermont.  Some of our politicans should check and see how California is doing with all the entitlements to Illegals there.

« : May 04, 2011, 04:45:45 PM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : May 04, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »

Yikes! This is not good....  my friend who can't afford insurance will be paying taxes for insurance for illegals.......

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
rwing180
: 98

« #2 : May 04, 2011, 05:27:27 PM »

I agree with the above 2 comments. My husband & I now pay a large percentage of our pay for health care insurance.  We do not think we should be paying for Illegal's healthcare as well. 
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #3 : May 04, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »

Apparantly, from what I have read, many of these undocumented workers are employed on dairy farms here in Vermont.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : May 05, 2011, 04:12:17 AM »

wait until they start making you have insurance for your pets ,i heard that some of those democrats want to put that in there too
cedarman
: 370

« #5 : May 05, 2011, 07:51:23 AM »

The issue is even bigger than that.  IF VT is the only state in the US to offer healthcare for EVERYONE, there could be an increase in the number of poor people with chronic health problems relocating to VT, especially if there is no long term residency requirement (1 yr residency prior to coverage starting).
Thor

« #6 : May 05, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »

Cedarman,

Simple solution, those of us that live here and have chronic tax problems, could relocate to another state. Then watch VT implode.

- OR -

Make it optional, those folks who think the illegals and others that migrate here for free health care can contribute to the fund, while those of us who support ourselves and choose not to pay the way for illegals don't have to pay.

Darryl
: 8

« #7 : May 21, 2011, 01:07:46 AM »

Using euphemisms like "undocumented workers" is part of the problem.  Call them what they are, ILLEGALS!
al brodeur
: 216

« #8 : May 21, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »

Undocumented workers,Illegals are terms for newly registered democrats after The big "O" grants them all amnesty then health care along with social security for which they will not have paid for
Thor

« #9 : May 21, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

You are right Al. I believe in a previous thread, we actually discussed just this topic... the Dem's buying votes through the "welfare" vote. If they keep promising more free things to folks who are already receiving "entitlements", of course those folks will vote for them again. It is nothing more than buying elections. And of course we know the illegals cannot vote, but those who believe that we should all be working on a level playing field, where everybody gets the same thing and those that work should continue to support those that don't, will love this stuff.

More to the illegal's being here.... round them up, ship them back. I would implement a system where if they show up at the clinic, medical facility or hospital, cannot prove citizenship, they are sent home immediately. Cheaper to buy a plane ticket than continue to provide free medical to these strap hangers.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: