Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:03:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  137 MPH on I-89
« previous next »
: [1]
: 137 MPH on I-89  ( 9391 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 30, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »

STATE OF VERMONT DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE

Motorcycle Operator Eludes Troopers and Injured in Accident

Captain Dan Troidl, Vermont State Police – Commander Williston Barracks, 802-878-7111
Stephanie Dasaro, Vermont State Police - Public Information Officer, 802-279-9773

South Burlington, VT 4/26/2011 – On April 30 at approximately 9:07AM Senior Trooper Todd Ambroz was running radar on Interstate 89, north bound, just south of Exit 12 in Williston when he clocked a motorcycle travelling north bound at 137 mph. Trooper Ambroz pulled out, activated lights and siren, notified dispatch about the incident, and notified the senior Trooper on duty, per policy.

Trooper Ambroz caught up to motorcycle as it exited onto I-189 at exit 13.  The operator looked back, then accelerated passing a pickup on the exit ramp.  Once on I-189, motorcycle rapidly accelerated out of sight. Trooper Ambroz next caught sight of motorcycle just before Route 7 as it failed to negotiate a slight right curve. The motorcycle continued into median and crashed as it entered into a homeless encampment.  Several individuals reported slight injuries and refused medical treatment.

The operator, identified as Eric Larson age 19 of Jeffersonville, Vermont was injured as a result of the crash and transported by South Burlington Rescue to Fletcher Allen Medical Center. At the time of this release, Larson remained in the hospital for the treatment of his injuries.

South Burlington Police is investigating the crash, as this portion of the incident occurred in South Burlington. Senior Trooper Ambroz is investigating the rest of the incident that may include criminal charges at a later date.

“Any time someone chooses to use excessive speed and attempt to elude law enforcement officers it places innocent people in danger,” said Captain Dan Troidl. “And our responsibility is to protect all drivers on the roadway, as well as innocent bystanders.”

The Vermont State Police extend their appreciation to the dispatchers at the Williston PSAP; to the Williston, Burlington and South Burlington police departments; to the South Burlington Fire Department; and to South Burlington Rescue.

As this incident is still under investigation, no further information is available. When more information becomes available, an update will be issued.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : April 30, 2011, 02:48:32 PM »

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_Kdz9Uk2FmpnRkJauYQfcLtPf5PGU_MxTKFOKrPDIvE?feat=directlink

Just click it, I can't embed photos.......jeeze
« : April 30, 2011, 02:53:30 PM Mike Raburn »
Travis
: 141

« #2 : April 30, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

Here you go Mike....

rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #3 : April 30, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »

oh boy is he gonna get spanked
Mike Raburn

« #4 : April 30, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »

Here you go Mike....

THANKS Travis,

But what am I doing wrong?

Ever since I gave up my .com I cannot embed via Picasa, that I understand, or the Photobucket.......
I am a simple person.

I used to know html,,,blah blah.........

Thanks for hooking me up T-man lite.............
Mike Raburn

« #5 : April 30, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

That movie cracks me up....................

Pistol Whip..........
Chris Santee

« #6 : May 01, 2011, 05:23:17 AM »

INCIDENT: Excessive speed

CASE #: 11A201851
TROOPER: Marcellus
STATION: St. Albans                   
CONTACT#: 524-5993
DATE/TIME: 04/29/11 at approximately 2145 hours
LOCATION (specific): I89 northbound at mile marker 112

ACCUSED: Nicholas Pereira                         
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: West Hartford, CT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT: Pereira was arrested by the Vermont State Police after he
was observed driving in excess of 100 mph on I89. VSP St. Albans was initially
notified of Pereira's excessive speed after he was seen driving at 104 mph
through the 55 mph zone near exit 14 at approximately 2130 hours. Troopers from
the Williston barracks were able to provide an accurate plate and vehicle
description but were not able to catch up to the vehicle due to heavy traffic.
Pereira was stopped approximately 15 minutes later near exit 19 and arrested for
excessive speed. Radar confirmed his speed was 115 mph as he approached the
arresting Trooper. In addition to being lodged at the Chittenden Regional
Correctional Facility, Pereira was issued speeding tickets for each of the
observed violations and a ticket for consuming alcohol while driving.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Travis

« #7 : May 01, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »

THANKS Travis,

But what am I doing wrong?

Ever since I gave up my .com I cannot embed via Picasa, that I understand, or the Photobucket.......
I am a simple person.

I used to know html,,,blah blah.........

Thanks for hooking me up T-man lite.............

Mike,

I couldn't embed your link directly, the img tags don't like the address. Its probably because of the feat=directlink part. The address itself doesn't really have a file name at the end of it like a proper link should.  I had to visit your link and right click on the picture to get the true URL. Using that, the img tags worked. Below are the URLs for the picture. They both go to the same file, but notice the differences. The first one is the actual file link that I got from right clicking on your picasaweb link. From looking at this, it appears that Picasa doesn't actually store the image itself, it only stores a reference to the image.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_AtoNMZSyt7E/Tbxmv7oMWDI/AAAAAAAAF0k/Vlie43_2syc/mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/_Kdz9Uk2FmpnRkJauYQfcLtPf5PGU_MxTKFOKrPDIvE?feat=directlink
Mike Raburn

« #8 : May 01, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »

I see now...........

Cool T-man lite, you rock, you may be moved upped to T-man proper and someone demoted!

Thanks allot Travis!

Dur, use the actual web address link....

So the link in my Picasa it is ONLY directing people to Picasa to use all the bells and whistles....

I get it.......
Travis

« #9 : May 02, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »

It was no problem at all Mike. It allowed me to channel my inner geek and provided a break from the walkway I'm putting in. :)
Mike Raburn

« #10 : May 07, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »

Geeks rule..

But I should have noticed no .jpg extension............
I may need to clean me spectacles.

Durpa Durpa.
Chris Santee

« #11 : May 09, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »

Motorcycle Operator Released from Hospital, Issued Citation and Traffic Tickets

Senior Trooper Todd Ambroz, Vermont State Police –Williston Barracks, 802-878-7111
Stephanie Dasaro, Vermont State Police - Public Information Officer, 802-279-9773

South Burlington, VT 5/9/2011 – Motorcycle operator, Eric Larson, age 19 of Richmond, was released from the hospital on May 4. On Saturday May 7, Larson was issued a citation for Attempting to Elude, Excessive Speed, Gross Negligent Operation, Possession of a Deadly Weapon (brass knuckles), and Possession of Marijuana. Larson is scheduled to appear in Chittenden District Court on June 28, 2011 at 8:30AM.

A search warrant performed for his backpack revealed a digital scale, marijuana pipe and misdemeanor amount of marijuana, along with $1330 in cash. 

Larson was also issued traffic tickets via mail for speeding (137 MPH in a 65 zone), Failure to Obey an Officer, Limitations on Passing, and Operating a Vehicle with License Plates not assigned to that Vehicle. 

An arrest processing photograph was not taken, at this time. No further information is available.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Razzle Dazzle

« #12 : May 09, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »

thug
: [1]  
« previous next »
: