Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:19:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Construction Of Pavilion & Restroom - Proposal Request
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Construction Of Pavilion & Restroom - Proposal Request  ( 15502 )
msm
: 211

« #15 : April 30, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »

Katrina,

I'll be brief and too the point.

We have not met,  but I know one thing .. You are a dedicated Volunteer and invaluable Community Leader !! .

Without your tireless efforts.  no community park .. no community centter --  I wanted to congratulate you on several occassions ( pictures in front of the Capital were very cool ) ..

Keep up the GREAT JOB --- Your efforts are welcomed and appreciated my the high majority of your local townspeople.

Mike McNall  BFA 1977
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #16 : May 01, 2011, 01:30:43 PM »

Katrina,

Like many said before don't let it get to you I know for a fact that a lot of people appreciate you and the work you do.  When ever you are dealing with the public some people will be negative and not share your points of view.  Don't let it get you down and if you need a moral booster just let me know... You can listen to some of the AWESOME messages I get on my Cell Phone from time to time.  I have one resident in Fairfax that makes it a point to call me everytime he finishes a 30 pack and tell me just what he thinks about me.  Its actually become kind of funny now. Point is don't get down on yourself because of one persons opinion

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
trussell
: 870

« #17 : May 02, 2011, 09:01:11 AM »

Rev. Elizabeth- Thank you for summing up all my thoughts.  Excellent!

Mummy- The pavilion project has been in process for the better part of two years and I know that Katrina gave a presentation and solicited questions at town meeting.  This posting definitely isn't the first time that it was "released" to the community.

As a member of the Parks & Rec advisory board, I can attest that what Katrina accomplishes with the minimal budget provided is amazing.  Although I don't remember the exact amount, she receives only a fraction of a full-time salary yet often works full time weeks, which would equate to hundreds of volunteer hours every year.  Even more than just her time though, she truly pours her heart into her job.  She does a great job soliciting donations of time, materials, and products from local businesses and has put in a tremendous amount of time seeking grant opportunities and applying for them.  This pavilion project is a great example of the funds she has been able to secure, and also the cutting of the ball fields, and other park and field improvements to make our community a better place.

Thank you Katrina for everything you've done.  I'm sure Mummy didn't intend to offend you personally, but remember that the unfortunate reality is that most people only speak up when they DON'T agree with something instead of when they do.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #18 : May 02, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »

Katrina, I am very excited for the Pavilion and Restroom! Those who constantly complain, complain about everything on here. PLEASE IGNORE THEM!  You are doing a SUPER job, I applaud all of your volunteering and hours spent. Looking forward to taking walks on the path this summer and it is because of you!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #19 : May 02, 2011, 10:31:32 PM »

I wanted to take the time to thank each and everyone of you who called, e-mailed and posted a response here. It means a tremendous amount to me. Thank you for your support.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: