Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:40:08 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Construction Of Pavilion & Restroom - Proposal Request
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Construction Of Pavilion & Restroom - Proposal Request  ( 15503 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 26, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : April 26, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »

That will be a wonderful addition to the park!!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : April 27, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »

You have GOT to be KIDDING!
TWIN
: 8

« #3 : April 28, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »

This is a great idea!  Could this potentially be revenue generating if you were able to rent the pavilion for outdoor activities (IE: family/high school reunions, birthday parties, anniversaries, etc.)?  The going rate to rent a Pavilion at State Parks such as Elmore, Kamp Kill Kare, Knights Point is approximately $100 to $150.  It would also be nice for outdoor Concerts!!
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #4 : April 28, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »

Hi all -
The pavilion and restrooms are grant and impact fee funded. We do plan on renting it out for private parties. Anyone interested in contributing skills, time or materials to the construction effort would be helpful. Any donated time, materials, skills gets us more money from the grant. Please let any local contractors know this RFP is available.
Katrina
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : April 28, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »

That is wonderful Katrina and will passs on the info to my local friends in the business!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mummy
: 280

« #6 : April 28, 2011, 10:40:02 PM »

Tax Day will be here soon!  Today a Pavilion; tomorrow a Restroom; last year a bus; and the park; then the Fee's that go along with with cleaning, repairing and yes replacing .... REMEMBER the park benches floating in the river?  This is what increases your tax dollar but hey it's FREE Money!  Think that one through in two years when you can't pay for that FREE Grant money's grass cutting or security or water bill!  This is just one reason why the Senior's can't stay in their homes!
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #7 : April 29, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »

I have budgeted for the future, I have planned this well - and for the amount of time I put into the grant, this town - That really HURTS... 
I'm pretty damn sick of the bashing that people do on this forum - and that they hide behind random usernames. Mummy- if you have questions about how this is going to be built how it going to be funded or any of my future plans - I'd be happy to meet with you and explain - but until you have all the information please stop taking your frustrations out on all my hard work.
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : April 30, 2011, 07:10:08 AM »

Katrina, I for one appreciate all your hard work and congratulate you for all you have accomplished.  We have a number of people who do sign their real name when they bash something, but unfortunately not everybody does.  I personally think it is easier to accept something, if you at least know the person's real name.

Not everybody is going to agree with what you say or do Katrina, but I think for the most part the majority of the voters in town agree with what you ask for and what you are doing.

Keep up the good work.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #9 : April 30, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »

Well.  All things we undertake involve a measure of risk and a great deal of investment--of time, money, thought, planning.  The park and rec path are a great asset to our community and are used by many people.  The pavilion and rest rooms will only enhance their value.  Will damage occur?  Possibly?  Will we, the community, have to pay to maintain them?  Most likely.  But that is the cost of living in community; of endeavoring to create places of comfort and beauty for all to enjoy,  and to share. Nothing at all is 'free,' but that does not mean to say that we should  therefore do nothing to improve the quality of our lives and the lives of future members of this Fairfax community.
The more spaces we create and activities we provide that create, build, enhance a sense of community, the better off all of us will be.
slpott
: 457

« #10 : April 30, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »

Katrina:
I understand your frustration but could you imagine being the new restaurant. People are already complaining about the choice of sodas offered. I think the best thing to do is feel sorry for those people and do not take it personally. The ones that make an effort in this town totally support you. You can invest in your property or you can let it fall down around you. Most of us invest in our property. Thank you for all your hard work and let it go.
David Shea
: 471

« #11 : April 30, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »

Katrina,

I too agree that people on this forum act like they are 10 feet tall when using their associated "pen names".  I may be wrong and I sure that I will corrected, but I think Mummy is xxxx xxxx.

I know in the moment that it is difficult to hear the negative comments.  Please try and brush it off.  The next time you need a volunteer contact Mummy, maybe she has never been asked to help.

David Shea

Henry, is there any chance that in the members information area you could include the members full name?  I will bet if you did this a lot less negative comments and bashing would happen.  I have spoken to you on many occasions about how nice you web site is, I think that it could only be improved if full transparency were given to members comments.

« : April 30, 2011, 08:41:43 AM Henry »
Henry
Administrator

« #12 : April 30, 2011, 08:42:20 AM »

Hi Dave,
I removed the name you had in your post - it was in error.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #13 : April 30, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »

Henry,
Thanks for doing this.  All of this time I thought the negative comments of " Mummy " were from somebody else.  Wow... now I have to re-evaluate my thoughts about the innocent individual who took the fall for "Mummy".
David Shea
Judi
: 508

« #14 : April 30, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »

Well.  All things we undertake involve a measure of risk and a great deal of investment--of time, money, thought, planning.  The park and rec path are a great asset to our community and are used by many people.  The pavilion and rest rooms will only enhance their value.  Will damage occur?  Possibly?  Will we, the community, have to pay to maintain them?  Most likely.  But that is the cost of living in community; of endeavoring to create places of comfort and beauty for all to enjoy,  and to share. Nothing at all is 'free,' but that does not mean to say that we should  therefore do nothing to improve the quality of our lives and the lives of future members of this Fairfax community.
The more spaces we create and activities we provide that create, build, enhance a sense of community, the better off all of us will be.
WELL SAID! I agree totally with everything you stated.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: