Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:44:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Vermont Transparency Tour
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Transparency Tour  ( 2486 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 29, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

Secretary of State Jim Condos to Develop a “Vermont Transparency Tour”
for Government Officials

Montpelier – Secretary of State Jim Condos announced today that he is embarking on a “Vermont Transparency Tour” to travel the state to help educate and train local and state government officials on the laws of the state regarding Access to Public Records and Open Meetings.

He said at least 12 training sessions are envisioned this summer.

“A change of the culture and attitude towards access to public records and open meetings is necessary for both state and local government,” Condos said.

“Open government is good government,” Condos stated in announcing the tour.   “Distrust in government is not good for our democratic process – the public has a right to know the truth about what the government is doing.”

Condos continues, “As new legislation designed to provide for greater transparency in public records and open meetings progresses in the statehouse, it has become evident that local and state officials need training to better understand the law.”

This week Condos approached the Vermont League of Cities and Towns, Vermont School Boards Association, Vermont Municipal Clerks and Treasurers, American Civil Liberties Union, Common Cause, and the Vermont Press Association to ask for their support of this endeavor. Condos is pleased to say that all have agreed that additional training is important and support the idea of taking this on the road.  Other groups will also be asked to endorse the plan.

While the training sessions are designed for all state and local government officials, they will be open to the public.  The initial idea is to schedule two sessions a day, for two days a week over a three or four week period.  The locations will be sprinkled across Vermont and will allow most government officials to be within an hour’s drive of at least two or more sessions.

Jim Condos is Vermont’s Secretary of State, after serving eight years as a Vermont Senator from Chittenden County, 18 years on South Burlington City Council and 30+ years of private sector business experience.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : April 30, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »

can i be the bus driver?  PLEASE,  where is shummlin?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: