Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:49:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Little League Fence
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Little League Fence  ( 19397 )
lena6
: 357

« : April 21, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »

The advertising on the little league fence is not too big, they can't face the road.  They have to face infield.  After all these years, every hear of anything so foolish.????????????????
trussell
: 870

« #1 : April 21, 2011, 11:37:58 AM »

Can they be moved to the other side on the field so they face the field AND the road?  I'll help...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : April 21, 2011, 11:43:56 AM »

Maybe a bill board issue , like the sign at Clarks international in Jericho.
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : April 22, 2011, 11:39:19 AM »

Billboard violation, but we're looking for an exemption from Montpelier.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : April 22, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »

"We" include Little League Pres. Rob Howard, State Rep Carolyn Branagan and The Fairfax News.
NOT the Selectboard.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #5 : April 22, 2011, 10:11:42 PM »

How about including Gary Gilbert? He's our representative, too, you know. Oh wait, he's a Democrat. And by the way, Chris, YOU ARE the Fairfax News.
Just find it funny to ask the representative from Georgia to fight for the FAIRFAX FLETCHER WESTFORD Little League. Yes, she is our representative, but you might want to include the one FROM Fairfax.
I'm sure things will work out.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Terri Santee
: 77

« #6 : April 23, 2011, 05:42:42 AM »

Jeez' Mike, he is just trying to help the kids and little league....
MikeF9
: 1994

« #7 : April 23, 2011, 08:05:16 AM »

And I don't have a problem with that. Good for Chris.
But like I said, I find it funny to have the rep from Georgia fight for our little league, and not include the one from Fairfax.

I do find it strange that the signs have been OK for years, and only now there is a problem.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #8 : April 24, 2011, 05:45:18 AM »

just leave them there and see what happens ,will they bring in the national guard to take them down? how about the state police tomake a big seen i say let them make fools of themselves .and fight the good fight ,this law needs to go away
Norton
: 85

« #9 : April 24, 2011, 06:55:53 AM »

fight for our little league

help the kids and little league....

fight for the FAIRFAX FLETCHER WESTFORD Little League

For whatever it's worth, not everybody in town sees this as an attack on the little league.  We do have that billboard law for a reason, right?  Why should there be an exception in this case?

I know it's tempting to think that the law should be ignored because the fence is "for the kids", but changing the signs isn't going to destroy the little league.  The comments here seem to assume that an exception obviously and definitely should be granted and that anyone who doesn't support this is somehow against the kids or unwilling to help with the community.  Not all of us see it that way.

So can anyone explain why the little league team and the businesses that advertise on the fence should be exempt from the billboard law?
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #10 : April 24, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »

just leave them there and see what happens ,will they bring in the national guard to take them down? how about the state police tomake a big seen i say let them make fools of themselves .and fight the good fight ,this law needs to go away

I agree with Ed, I was just on 105 in Sheldon and their Little league field has the same set up.  Are they having the same problem? Our field has been this way since I was playing little league 18 years ago without a problem.  So why is there a problem now? Did someone complain?  I think that Montpelier has problems that require attention other than a little league baseball field in Fairfax VT!! Good grief!!!!! 

Norton, really a 3 ft tall baseball field fence is hardly a billboard I believe that is really just Common sense.  If that's a billboard then why is it OK to put out garage sale or yard sale signs?    
« : April 24, 2011, 09:43:32 AM FXDHS »

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Margie
: 156

« #11 : April 24, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »

Norton, really a 3 ft tall baseball field fence is hardly a billboard I believe that is really just Common sense.  If that's a billboard then why is it OK to put out garage sale or yard sale signs?    

Actually, Josh, that is a "small billboard".  These signs are there year-round and not just during the Little League season - correct me if I am wrong about that.  I have always disliked them, personally. (I am a big supporter of the billboard law.)  However, I would go along with Trevor's idea of moving them to the other side of the field, so they faced into the playing field and could sort of be seen from the road. 

The garage sale signs are temporary...these are not. 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #12 : April 24, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »

Sorry to see such a conflict here...... Trevor, great idea!  :-) Chris, thank you for trying to make it work.  I personally have no issue with the fence and applaud those who sponsor the little league to help give our kids a healthy and fun program.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #13 : April 25, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »

It's to bad that people just trying to do some good for kids have to go through so much crap to do it!!

Margie, last time I checked the huge sign at the commons was perminante and it advertises all the businesses in there even though all the businesses have a sign above their actual place of business.  The fact is that if all those businesses on the fence wanted to fork over $2500 to the state and get those small (billboard) advertising signs it wouldn't be a problem.  The state can't make money off it so it is a problem. 

I am a fan of the Billboard law also, having lived in California for 6 years trust me I know how trashy it looks having Billboards post up and down your highways!! Maybe living there has obstructed my view on what a billboard is though because even if you took the whole fence and but it in one sign it wouldn't be half the size of a typical billboard.  Sorry but with all the problems we have in our town not even touching the problems we have in our state I think this should rank pretty low on the enforcement list.   

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
lena6
: 357

« #14 : April 25, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »

Sorry, did not mean to make a war.  Before anyone forgets, the field belong to Jim and I.  I don't mind having them face the infield, but not real great for them that pay for the advertising.  I do believe it all started with Randy Clark in Underhill.  Now we pay for someone to go around Vt. and check for fences that have advertising.  Randy really did not start the stink, someone must not like him and billboards.
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: