Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:51:21 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Did JoAnne Capture Burlington College In Fairfax???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Did JoAnne Capture Burlington College In Fairfax???  ( 3553 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 30, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »

Hi Henry,
I noticed this addition to the Woodworking School sign.
Do you know what it is about?

Jo

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : March 30, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

This is the first I have heard of it Jo - Maybe someone else knows something??

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : March 31, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »

I tried calling the number on the sign and let it ring about 18 times.  There was no answering machine or response.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 31, 2011, 09:10:51 AM »

I received an e-mail with a suggestion that I google Vermont Woodworking Burlington College, so I did and it got me to the following web site:

http://www.vermontwoodworkingschool.com/VWS/Burlington.html

BURLINGTON COLLEGE

Students in Burlington College’s Craftsmanship & Design Program studying woodworking and fine furniture-making, will learn in Burlington College’s additional instructional site, the Vermont Woodworking School in Fairfax, Vermont.  Studying under accomplished Vermont furniture-makers, students will participate in a structured furniture-making curriculum in a supportive academic environment to encourage their best progress.  Students will be expected to challenge themselves and will participate in a written narrative evaluation process at the end of each semester with their faculty members. 

Henry Raymond
lena6
: 357

« #4 : March 31, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »

The woodworking building is quite interesting.  They have dorm rooms in the round silos.  I have not been up but Jim has and he says the furniture they make is beautiful.  If anyone of you know Burt Steen, call him and he might take you on a tour.  Maybe we could convince Burt to have an open house.  After all, it is a school.  Students come from all over the US. 
tweetie1
: 71

« #5 : March 31, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »

Where is this located at?
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : March 31, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »

It is the old Giddings Farm located on Route 104 almost to the Cambridge Town Line

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: