Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:18:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Community First at Country Pantry Diner
« previous next »
: [1]
: Community First at Country Pantry Diner  ( 7035 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : March 28, 2011, 03:21:43 PM »

General Manager Keith Neil says new owner Lisa Middelton, of Fairfax, is stressing "Community First" as they prepare for their opening of the Country Pantry Diner.
While they don't want to mimic the former establishment, they have heard the customers wishes (including those posted here)
and they're bringing back the home-cooking menu of the restaurant that was so popular in the past along with their own flare.
Keith expects the restaurant to open during the first week of May and be fully operational by Mother's Day. You'll see familiar faces serving your food, but the chef will be Terry Salls, with ten years experience at the Wayside in Berlin, Vermont.
There will be chickens and turkeys roasting for real meals with homemade gravy. The deck will be open for summer dining with more comfortable seating arrangements. They have heard the requests for booths and they should be coming, in time.
Perhaps, most importantly, the new management will have their ears open for input as they put the "Community First".

Watch for a more detailed interview in Wednesday's Seven Days and if you are interested in a job, please contact countrypantry@hotmail.com.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Corm
: 65

« #1 : March 28, 2011, 03:32:25 PM »

Thanks Chris!

Corm
sweetpeakt
: 43

« #2 : March 28, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

That is so nice to hear!
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : March 29, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »

Awesome can't wait.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
JoeT
: 100

« #4 : March 29, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »

how can I click the LIKE button? .....  Ooops, wrong web site  : )
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #5 : March 29, 2011, 08:26:59 PM »

Thanks Chris, this is welcome news indeed!
Stand Alone Defense

« #6 : March 30, 2011, 09:03:49 AM »

Hmmm I wonder if they will have Switchback on tap??? that would make Trevor and I very happy!!

trussell
: 870

« #7 : March 30, 2011, 09:17:57 AM »

Although I brewing my own now, it's still a favorite... Mmmmmmm!

If they do, I'll meet you there opening day Josh!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : March 30, 2011, 10:16:54 AM »

Sounds like a plan man!! wait........ did you just make a man date with me?  HAHAHAHA

Trekr
: 140

« #9 : March 30, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »

If wayside food is going to be served at the Pantry, then it will be a success. That must be the reason that the Wayside has been in business for so long. I wonder if they will serve beans and hotdog and salt pork dinners.It will be a great place for grandkid breakfasts while on our visit this summer. Pleased to hear that the pantry will be open again

: [1]  
« previous next »
: