Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:04:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Blog- Where the heck have I been?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Blog- Where the heck have I been?  ( 5992 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : March 24, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »

Friday March 25, 2011

Hello!
Remember me?
I used to have a Picture of the Day just about everyday.
But winter has hung on and I haven't taken any pictures of anything of real interest, so this space has been kinda quiet.

Unfortunately, there has been another reason.
This kidney disease has been taking it's toll on me.
Right now, my kidneys are filtering the toxins in my body at about 10% and probably less.
Imagine your car's oil filter or gas filter only filtering 10% of whatever gunk is in your oil or gas. What would your car be like? Kinda logey.
That's me.
Some days I have no ambition what so ever, and it takes a lot of effort just to do the normal routine.
I have trouble crawling out of bed in the morning, and for the most part, the couch is very inviting.
But I trudge on because I think if I stay active, I can stave off being on dialysis. That's the last thing I want to do.
As I was talking to one of the nurses down at the doctor's office, who, by the way, had a kidney transplant herself, she summed it up best. You have good days and bad days, but never GREAT days.
I think the weather may have something to do with it. Last Sunday morning, it was really nice out and sunny. I headed out and went down Hunt Street in back of the school as far as I could go. Felt tired afterwards, but it felt good to do that.
To stay on the transplant list and because I just turned 50, I had to have a colonoscopy. The less said about THAT ordeal, the better, although I guess it turned out OK.
And I had another cortozone shot in my left knee, so I am dealing with my usual knee problems as well.

So in the end, I'm still here, just plugging along best I can.
And when something interesting pops up, like dandelions, I'll post some pictures.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
al brodeur
: 216

« #1 : March 25, 2011, 10:26:22 AM »

Mike,
sure hope everything turns out for the better for you,and that a transplant is available real soon and also thanks for whatisits
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : March 25, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »

I have gotten a lot of positive comments on your whatisits Mike - People have had a lot of fun with it, plus have learned something while doing it.

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : March 25, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »

Mike, I always enjoy all your posts and pictures!  Thoughts and Prayers to you for a phone to ring to say it's time for the transplant! ~ Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
lena6
: 357

« #4 : March 25, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

Mike, just down the road if you need Jim or I.  Right now we are in sunny So. Carolina but will be home soon.  Our prayers and love are with you.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #5 : March 26, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »

Mike; never a need to apologize or explain your absences, though indeed, we do wish to know what's going on so we can ( and will) provide support when needed.  Your 'what is it' posts have been a lot of fun to view, and thank you for that.  Take good care of yourself, Mike, we are all rooting for you!
suze
: 28

« #6 : March 27, 2011, 06:15:39 AM »

I just "officially" met you at the book sale - sorry for your challenges, and I agree with Elizabeth - no need to apologize!! Hopefully the improving weather will help you feel better.

As I told you, I really appreciated and enjoyed the "what is it series,"   and your pics when you post them!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #7 : April 01, 2011, 01:26:41 AM »

Post when you FEEL like it.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: