Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:30:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Anybody See The Space Station Go By Overhead Last Night??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Anybody See The Space Station Go By Overhead Last Night??  ( 3669 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 24, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »

"Hi Henry,

Don't know if you went outside last night to watch for the space station going overhead or not.  I went out on the deck and waited a few minutes & then at about 6:31 the craft went right over our house.  It was so bright & with the clear skies it was quite the sight.  Wish I could have taken a picture.

On the 6:00 news on Tues. night Sharon had mentioned that a caller had asked the time of the sighting & she said it would be at 6:30.
Steve"

I was sure Mike Cain would have a photo up on his blog this morning.  Sharon Meyer had one up on her weather forecast last night - Oh Well!!  Maybe JoAnne caught it.

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #1 : February 24, 2011, 04:18:33 PM »

Henry, I went outside when my son pulled into the driveway and noticed this bright white light coming in a straight line from the South. I thought it was a plane but the light was bigger and it had no blinking light and did not make any noise as it flew overhead so we knew it wasn't a plane. We were surprised at how low it was. I went on the ISS web site and found the flight schedules for Burlington, Vermont and low and behold at 6:28pm on the 23rd it was flying overhead.  I was glad to see that someone else in Fairfax saw it. Here is the link to the schedule: http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=United_States&region=Vermont&city=Burlington
« : February 24, 2011, 04:20:08 PM Judi »
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : February 24, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »

Nope. Never saw it. Someone posted on Facebook that they saw the first star of the night and made a wish, only to find out it was the space station.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #3 : February 24, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »

On another matter , we're located about 100 miles from Cape Canaveral and can usually see the fireball pretty well, even in the daytime.  Today's launch was undertaken when the skies over central Florida were full of clouds and the 50 residents who gathered to watch this historic lift-off saw nothing. Too bad for us ....hope the trip goes well for them !!
JoeT
: 100

« #4 : February 25, 2011, 09:09:05 AM »

The space station should be very visible the next several days when docked with the shuttle (the largest man made object ever placed in orbit).
It's **very** impressive - clouds notwithstanding, of course.

If you want to know when it flies over, go to the link below and crank in your zip code, look for "ISS" (international space station).

http://www.spaceweather.com/flybys/

happy hunting,
Joe
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #5 : February 25, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »

or check out:

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/SSapplications/Post/JavaSSOP/JavaSSOP.html

there's also a section called "Orbital tracking'  where you can see a map of the world and where the SPace Station is and it's projected path aroudn the world in th eorbit it's in.... it's under real-time data ( you can also see this inforfor the shuttle).

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: