Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:06:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A Fellow Retired IBMer From Georgia, Vt Does Some Interesting Things
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Fellow Retired IBMer From Georgia, Vt Does Some Interesting Things  ( 2913 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 15, 2011, 09:26:53 AM »

I got the following note from Phil Ploof who is down in Florida this winter.  If you click on his YouTube link below, you will see some of the fantastic things this guy does.  He has actually been up here in Fairfax and taking some photos with his little airplane.  Below is the note he sent me with the link to the YouTube Site:

Good Morning Henry,

This is Phil Ploof from Florida and I appreciate you keeping us old IBMers up to date.  I didn't make Vermont Day here in Florida but enjoyed seeing the pictures.  Still looking for the names to go with the faces.  I recognize some but not all.

If you remember I do aerial photography with Radio Control Airplanes.  I have moved into the latest technology called FPV (First Person View).  It's like being in the aircraft with both feet on the ground.  I have two cameras on board the aircraft with a video down link to my receiver on the ground and I'm wearing video goggles that provide a display the equivalent to a 10 foot screen.  Now I can take pictures or video and know exactly what I'm getting.  One of the cameras is the Hero Gopro that you see advertised all the time either on a bicycle helmet or a surf board.

If you want to see a little bit of Florida from the air, I have a short video on Youtube of this area.   If you have a high speed internet connection you will notice that Youtube has a selection in the lower right hand corner of the picture where you can pick the resolution to watch the video.  The higher the number the better quality of the video.

Just click on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOv7xRR4xgA

Enjoy and have good day,

Phil

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : February 19, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »

Henry,
Didn't you post one of his fly overs of Fairfax before?

: [1]  
« previous next »
: