Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:08:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Have You Watched Watson Play Jeopardy
« previous next »
: [1]
: Have You Watched Watson Play Jeopardy  ( 3251 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 16, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »

Using the Game Show Jeopardy, IBM is working on improving the capabilities of a computer to understand questions the way people understand them.  They have two of the top winners on Jeopardy, Ken Jennings & Brad Rutter competing against the computer who they call watson.

You most likely won't be interested in the first half of this, but if you go to the second half you will get an idea just what is going on if you haven't watched it yet.  The third night will be on tonight at 7 p.m. if you want to watch it live:

Henry Raymond
ASDuling
: 75

« #1 : February 16, 2011, 10:30:50 AM »

I have been watching this and it's really interesting. I like how they show the other answers Watson comes up with and the confidence level.  Last week's Nova was about the Watson project and most of the interviews they're showing on Jeopardy are from that program. 
Willinreach
: 33

« #2 : February 17, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »

I haven't seen this used, but as a current IBMer, I found out a few months ago, that the Watson chip is one of the chips I have been working with.  Kind of cool!
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : February 17, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »

I personally watched that with great pride having spent over 35 years at IBM here in Essex Junction.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: