Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:39:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  seasonal sidewalks
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: seasonal sidewalks  ( 25620 )
trussell
: 870

« #30 : February 08, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »

David, I may be wrong, but last I knew ALL students could be picked up by the school bus if they so choose- even if they live across the street from the school.  Not being a parent, I'm a bit removed from current rules, so I very well may be wrong...

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
roadkill
: 80

« #31 : February 09, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »

The way I interpret what you wrote Dave would almost be like saying I dont have any kids in school so why should I have to pay taxes to the school, Essex cancelled school yesterday because their sidewalks wern't cleared, granted 85 percent of them walk to school but that super made a decision based on the safety of children, I have learned in my life and 20 years in the army, it is always best to error on the side of caution.
David Shea
: 471

« #32 : February 10, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »

Mr. Stewart,

It can be dangerous to make assumptions.

roadkill

« #33 : February 10, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

Thank you for reminding me Mr. Shea. You say a tax incentive for clearing ones own side walks is a tax increase for all tax payers wether they have a sidewalk or not. you are correct. Would a tax incentive to the homeowners of the properties with sidewalks be less than the town becoming responsible for clearing the sidewalks?  people are going to pay either way, which is less? I meant nothing deragatory Mr. Shea, Im not a politician but I do agree with the person who started this thread that the children, parents, and maybe a few tourists shouldnt be walking on the road because at least one sidewalk has been turned into a snowmobile trail. I support most everything you do Mr. Shea and I admit I was wrong to assume, I know what you mean. This is an issue that needs disecting by people much smarter than me but i if I could ask you to do one thing. What do other Towns and Municiapalities do? Is Fairfax not providing something almost everyone else is? I didnt start this but I do agree 100 % with the person that did. Thanx Dave and by the way, Im on your side. Mr, Stewart
roadkill

« #34 : February 10, 2011, 06:13:02 PM »

I just have to say one more thing about this issue and Im done until Town Meeting, Thank You Mr, Erdl !!!!!!  I have worked here at BFA for 12 years and you have always done an excellent job in snow blowing the sidewalk down Hunt street, an excellent job. every year since I retired from the Army. I feel your pain Mr. Erdl and hated to see the snowmobiles using it. That made it impossible for you to do. Thank you and I want everyone to know that 1 person use to take care of an entire road, Mr. Erdl.
David Shea
: 471

« #35 : February 10, 2011, 10:13:45 PM »

Roadkill,

Let's talk about this face to face.... I am sure it would be a lot more productive.  I respect your position as well as the hard work that you do for the town.  As an example, I noticed just how hard you and Bob worked to clear the snow off of the roof of the school this past week.  All hand work!

Thanks for what you do!
ohhman
: 469

« #36 : February 12, 2011, 01:26:27 PM »

Wow!  I hope they NEVER put a sidewalk in front of my house;  I am sick of shoveling this year! I've had enough to do with the walkways, porches, driveway,  & I am lucky to usually get plowed out!
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: