Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:02:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Man Wins Rower for Cancer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Man Wins Rower for Cancer  ( 2715 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : January 18, 2011, 06:15:58 PM »

Fairfax Resident Wins Rower for Cancer

Morrisville, VT, January 14, 2011 — The winner of the Concept2 Rower raffle for the Boot Cancer Fitness Challenge was randomly selected on December 31. The official winner, Kevin Greene from Vermont, gladly visited the Concept2 facilities today to receive his rower.  The rower raffle generated over $700, which capped the 2010 Boot Cancer Fitness Challenge fundraising amount to just under $7,500.00. The rower was made possible by Greg Hammond of Concept2.  The Boot Cancer Fitness Challenge supports the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.

Greg and Concept2 are strong supporters of the Boot Cancer event. Concept2, located in Morrisville, VT, is the world’s leading manufacturer of rowing machines.  We are deeply grateful for their generous sponsorship and equally appreciative for everyone’s contribution to the fight against cancer.

The Boot Cancer fundraising event combines fitness boot camp with the thrill of adventure racing for a one-day competition. The 2010 event occurred on October 10 in St. Albans, VT.  Between October 10 and December 31, an additional $1,000 was collected.  Most of the $1,000 was generated through the Concept2 raffle, where people from Georgia to Greece purchased tickets to show their support for the American Cancer Society and their passion for rowing.  More information about the Boot Cancer event is at bootcancer.org or www.facebook.com/bootcancer.

The American Cancer Society (ACS) combines an unyielding passion with nearly a century of experience to save lives and end suffering from cancer. The ACS is the nation’s largest non-governmental investor in cancer research, contributing about $3.4 billion. To learn more or to get help, call 1-800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org.

Concept2 was founded by Dick and Peter Dreissigacker in 1976. Fresh from Olympic training, the two brothers designed and manufactured carbon fiber racing oars, then went on to create the world’s first air-resistance indoor rower. For more information about Concept2, visit concept2.com.
« : January 18, 2011, 08:37:14 PM Henry »

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: