Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:51:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Auto Renewals - We Never Know What The Day Will Bring
« previous next »
: [1]
: Auto Renewals - We Never Know What The Day Will Bring  ( 2049 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 09, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »

I don't know if you have ever given this any thought, but it certainly is a wise idea for you to keep your Internet Passwords available somewhere where someone other than you can access certain accounts.

We never know what the day will bring, and not to be morbid, but tonight you might not be here.

Maryann, as you know passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, however her computer and all of its accounts carried on.  Fortunately, I could still get her e-mail as her password was saved in her computer, however, there are some things like autorenewals that are being charged to our visa account that still come through.

I did learn yesterday though, that if you have an online account with your Visa Card company, there is a telephone number that you can call that is attached to each Visa Charge that you can call to dispute the charge.

I got through to the company charging us, however, could not give them her password or answer her secret questions.  They did however tell me they would credit my Visa when I told them what had happened.  I believe my payment information will no longer be valid in another year, so that should square that problem away.

One of the things that I have done is give someone else all of this information for my own personal accounts so they should be able to cancel or make changes to these auto renewals.

Something to think about, just in case you have not given it any thought.

Henry Raymond
VT Maineiac
: 34

« #1 : January 10, 2011, 05:02:24 PM »

Henry,

Just read this today and thought of your previous post.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/10/132617124/after-death-protecting-your-digital-afterlife?sc=fb&cc=fp
« : January 10, 2011, 05:32:59 PM Henry »

Heather Weeks
: [1]  
« previous next »
: