Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  PUBLIC WARNING - TOWN OF FAIRFAX MEETING - Multi Purpose Room
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: PUBLIC WARNING - TOWN OF FAIRFAX MEETING - Multi Purpose Room  ( 12828 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 05, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »

January 5, 2011

PUBLIC WARNING

PROPOSED LAND PURCHASE

THE RESIDENTS OF THE TOWN OF FAIRFAX ARE HEREBY WARNED OF AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING MONDAY JANUARY 17, 2011 AT 7 PM. AT BFA.

THE AGENDA FOR THE MEETING WILL BE TO DISCUSS THE PURCHASE OF 9.9 ACRES LOCATED ON THE WEST SIDE OF ROUTE 104 IN THE VILLAGE AS THE FUTURE SITE OF A MUNICIPAL OFFICE. 

JOHN MITCHELL
PETER KING
« : January 06, 2011, 10:17:21 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #1 : January 05, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »

this should stir the pot some
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : January 05, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »

anyone know where the land is?

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
DrewCrash
: 104

« #3 : January 05, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »

10 acres for a municipal office? Fairfax must be planning for a massive expansion. That's a lot more than the current lot of what, .1 acres?

And why is the town buying land for a future office?  we, the taxpayers, are building a new town municipal office? I didn't know this.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : January 05, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »

Yes I believe the land is located next to the Fire/Rescue Department.  It is a perfect place to have everything all together actually.  It would be even better if they had the community center group build there as well instead of trying to redo the church too; but that is just my opinion :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Travis
: 141

« #5 : January 06, 2011, 06:42:53 AM »

10 acres for a municipal office? Fairfax must be planning for a massive expansion. That's a lot more than the current lot of what, .1 acres?

That was my question. How big is this building? Or maybe it will have a LOT of parking.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if they bought the land, subdivided out an acre or two for the municipal building and resold the rest. That could pay for the land needed.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #6 : January 06, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »

10 acres eh?  that would make for a nice new FANCY multi-purpose Athletic Complex - complete with areas for tennis, indoor soccer, volley ball, and of course, basketball courts and .......  ok ok i know - when hell freezes over.......

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
cedarman
: 370

« #7 : January 06, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »

With zoning and permitting requirements as they currently are, maybe 10 acres is what is NEEDED to allow the town to build a town office.  If the town buys it this year, maybe an office / complex will be built by 2020.
Papi
: 66

« #8 : January 06, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »

Maybe it could have a ballroom for office parties....  (JUST JOKING...  before ya'll fire the first salvos!)
Thor

« #9 : January 06, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »

And a doughnut shop, which would ensure we had full time police coverage!!
Shadylane08
: 125

« #10 : January 06, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »

Loctavious come back from the dream world remember this is fairfax they don't put any money towards their athletics.  Although personally I think this would be a great idea!  I attended the essex, st. albans hockey game last night in essex, and they've done an excellent job on that rink.  Nice to see a school that isn't afraid to put some money into athletics ;-)

I love it Thor!  Great zing! haha
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #11 : January 06, 2011, 10:27:52 AM »

Maybe it's 10 acres because that happens to be the lot size available at that location.  Or maybe it will include a public park of some sort?

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
mary
: 32

« #12 : January 17, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »

Was this rescheduled because of the Martin Luther King Day?
ohhman
: 469

« #13 : January 17, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »

Everything points to the meeting tonight...except the date on the top post; must be a "typo"?

Too bad there are 3 fantastic things to choose from tonight:  Mike Cain's presentation of the fire of '41; the possible town purchase of land, boys high school basketball !!  So hard to choose...interesting & important history,  how our taxes may be affected!!!,  watch my son cheer the game......sorry  Mike & Mike but the tax issue wins...maybe all 3 because all within the same building......see people we have a great school community.
mary
: 32

« #14 : January 17, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »

Thank you 3 & it does look like a busy night. (Think the top post listed the 1/5/11 date as the date of warning versus the meeting.)   
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: