Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:45:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Latest Selectboard Minutes For Dec 13, 2010 Are Available
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Latest Selectboard Minutes For Dec 13, 2010 Are Available  ( 18751 )
Shadylane08
: 125

« #30 : December 23, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »

Honestly if the Town offices have had a good year and there is money left in the office expense budget then go ahead and have a party, and yes $225 is a very cheap holiday party for what? 20 something employees?  I think a lot of you would be very very surprised where a lot of your tax money gets spent, if you knew half of it you would be happy with $225 going to something that actually made sense!

To all the Town Employees reading this Have a Merry Christmas and a happy holiday!  You all deserve it and enjoy! ;-)
mirjo
: 785

« #31 : December 25, 2010, 12:46:38 AM »

It's always the "taxes" part that gets people's panties in a twist. I think taxes should be changed to pledges and then it would seem more like donating to a good cause like, PBS or Muscular Dystrophy. We could hire a celebrity to do a telethon once a year from the town office and and the town clerk can ring a cow bell as people call in with their pledge of (enter amount of tax bill) then they receive a town calendar or something.

If the process of collecting revenue for the town were more entertaining and the language used had a more positive spin than taxes, a Christmas party for the town employees would seem like just another nice thing that Fairfax does for its employees.

On a different note: Yes, all that has been said about tough times et-al is true, but GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN--are we ever going to stop harping on it? All of the basic costs of living are too high and continue to go up, as do the pledges we have to pay at the state and federal level, blah, blah, blah. We work hard, we don't get paid enough, some don't have jobs, some have to many jobs, some can't make ends meet...it just goes on and on. I'm not making light of it, I'm in the middle of it.

I just think it's time to stop giving this recession or whatever it's morphed into all of our energy and attention and be more positive in spite of it. I'm ready to believe that things are going to improve, even if they aren't. I can't deal with the gloom and doom any longer!

Henry, I think you noted elsewhere that people seemed friendly this year--perhaps it's a matter of being sick and tired of the mood that has been so pervasive in this country in the past couple of years.

So, have a Merry Christmas all and many thanks to the town employees and most especially the road crew who are out at 2am in this kind of weather and around the clock making sure the roads are clear. And also when needed if rescue gets into a jam in the middle of the night! (Mummy--most work hard, but we all aren't on call and aren't going out in the middle of the night when someone calls)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
slpott
: 457

« #32 : December 25, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »

Mirgo, I am going to steal Ed's words from a previous thread. "I don't know you but I think you're my new best friend!". I personally do not make light of life either but I am a true believer that we all are in charge of our own life.  Each of us have a choice (many choices). We live a positive life or we live a negative life. Our glass is either half full or half empty. I tend to think of my life as the glass always being full.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #33 : December 26, 2010, 03:20:56 AM »

splott,

Don't steal Ed's words.
It will cost you $226.00.
He served me papers once for stealing his words.
My people are in contact with his people.

Hope the Fairfax Public Employees had an AWESOME Christmas party!

Was there a pole there for Festivis for the Restofus?

Mirgo, I am going to steal Ed's words from a previous thread. "I don't know you but I think you're my new best friend!". I personally do not make light of life either but I am a true believer that we all are in charge of our own life.  Each of us have a choice (many choices). We live a positive life or we live a negative life. Our glass is either half full or half empty. I tend to think of my life as the glass always being full.
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: