Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:50:04 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Break-Ins
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Break-Ins  ( 13358 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #15 : December 23, 2010, 10:46:06 AM »

This topic continues, month after month, for well over a year now. I will say now what I said then, we need increased police coverage and/OR an improved patrol plan from the sheriff's department. I don't imagine the police will ever catch anyone, but it serves as a good deterrent and that deterrent is certainly something to look at.

Instead of sitting around and complaining on a bulletin board, I will participate and support in any thing that goes on to try and stop this problem from reoccurring constantly. There are too many smart people in a community to allow this continued problem from reoccurring.

Drew, you have a good point more coverage would not hurt at all!!! The problem is $$$$ we want but no one wants to pay more Taxes man. People threw a fit when the topic of just me getting some more training came up and that is a lot cheaper then upping the sheriffs even to just 2 more days a week. 

The other thing is we all know our Neighborhoods and know when something isn't right or looks out of place.  A out of town Cop or Sheriff that patrols 2 days a week here and doesn't live in that area he is patrolling isn't going to notice the things your Neighbor will.  He/She won't know that the vehicle sitting in your driveway being loaded with your belongings isn't your vehicle. Or that the vehicle cruising around scoping things out is out of place and doesn't live in that area.  Your Neighbors know your neighborhood the best and are really the best defence you have to being robbed.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
al brodeur
: 216

« #16 : December 23, 2010, 12:10:57 PM »

one should get an engraving pen and label all of his stuff with his name  this will aid the police and pawn shops will not accept it also adress labels under the butt plates on the guns or hand gripes and photo's help along with all the serial #'s this is also some info that you can have in case of a fire or of some friend borrowing your goodies with out your knowledge of who they are.
also a house surrounded by trees helps hid these people too your choice privacy or robbery but the best thing is a mean wife with a ballbat.
al brodeur
: 216

« #17 : December 23, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »

another thing that I forgot ole timers is this do not put your name on the mailbox only your house number because in this area  the "borrowers" use a phone book and their cell phones and call you, an answering machine might slow them down but you can never be sure
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #18 : December 23, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »

Didn't he have a STD?

I know a man that would love to be the new Doc Holiday in town. Very cheap too.
Thor

« #19 : December 24, 2010, 06:15:58 AM »

TB - tuberculosis, hence the "lunger" label.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #20 : December 26, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »

I would like to say thank you to a couple Fairfax Citzens that called me with info about a break in on Cherrierville Rd last week.  Because of your info on Vehicle and partail plate number I have tracked down the owner of the Vehicle and where he lives.  I will be turning the info over to the State Police today and hopefully one less dirtbag on our streets!!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
DrewCrash
: 104

« #21 : December 27, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »

I would like to say thank you to a couple Fairfax Citzens that called me with info about a break in on Cherrierville Rd last week.  Because of your info on Vehicle and partail plate number I have tracked down the owner of the Vehicle and where he lives.  I will be turning the info over to the State Police today and hopefully one less dirtbag on our streets!!!

Awesome.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: