Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:56:16 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Snowmobiles.....
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Snowmobiles.....  ( 9865 )
Les Nessman
: 23

« : December 16, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »

To all snowmobilers out there,(specifically two white snomobiles with blue and pink specs/stripes) if you really really need to cut through my backyard, have some sense and at least ask for permission first.  I will say that cutting through ones backyard to get from one field to another because you feel it's your god given right is wrong, not to mention children and pets like to play in these areas.  That is all. 

The early bird catches the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : December 17, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

Barb Wire may stop that.
WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : December 17, 2010, 01:37:55 AM »

PS, if they have Pink stripes on their sleds,,,, we call them sleds here, WTF??

PINK on a sled??

SLD 178, they should be easy to ID!!!!
weirdos.

Margie
: 156

« #3 : December 19, 2010, 11:04:08 PM »

I would also like to request that they NOT ride on the rec path at MIDNIGHT!  I have no problem with them riding on the rec path during resonable hours but I have been awaken too many times with them riding back and forth on the path.  This goes on over 20-30 minutes. 

Cuzzin Mike...you crack me up! 
Wormerod
: 44

« #4 : December 20, 2010, 07:35:21 AM »

No motorized vehicles are allowed on the rec path, including snowmobiles. If this happens again, please contact the Franklin County Sheriffs office.
Margie

« #5 : December 20, 2010, 09:39:24 AM »

Bill, I didn't realize that.  They have been using the rec path since it was put in.  I know that the walkers appreciate having the path packed down as it makes it easier to walk. 

I will contact the sherriff's department the next time I hear or see them.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #6 : December 20, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »

I know of a couple people that do ride the rec path and do it during resonable hours, not midnight, and they were told it was fine to as it helps those who want to walk on the trail during the winter. If this has now changed, people should be notified as I believe these riders are truly doing it to help and not hurt the rec path.

Please don't just call the cops on them.  How about posting a notice of change instead of just getting someone in trouble with doing something they believed to be ok to do.

Being a snowmobilier myself and truly respect and appreciate those who allow us to ride on your land; please do not assume we are all out to tear up your land and disrespect you.  Sometimes it is a path we have always taken and it is now owned by someone else and we do not know or in this case the Rec Path now has different rules and no one knows it.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : December 20, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »

I did not realize that snowmobiles were not aloud there either!!! I went down there on my sled once last year while riding. although I did do it during the day not at night I didn't know it wasn't aloud, My bad.  There needs to be a sign put up though that states no motorized vehicles.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
mkr
Administrator

« #8 : December 20, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »

This needs to be posted if it is true and not just call the cops, really the wrong approach. 

Say a road became private and you have always taken that road, no one posts anything and instead they just call the cops on you......

mkr
Administrator

« #9 : December 20, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

I believe Katrina should answer this question in regards to the Rec Path.

Margie

« #10 : December 20, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »

I know there is a sign about vehicles not being allowed on the path.  I thought it applied to cars.

I will hold off on calling the sherriff's department until this question is answered definitively...except for the idiots that are out there at midnight.  That is rude and disrespectful.
mkr
Administrator

« #11 : December 20, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »

Maybe Katrina will let you post a sign about hours Margie?  Usually 11pm is the cut off on trails in most populated areas for snowmobiling as a rule.

katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #12 : December 21, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »

No motorized vehicles including snowmobiles are allowed on the rec path. This has always been the policy - There are signs that state no motorized vehicles at both ends of the Rec Path. We will post no snowmobiling signs and I will investigate about methods of getting the path packed down for walkers. Also the park is open for walking/snowshoeing etc..  but not maintained in the winter. Any questions feel free to call or e-mail me 849-2641 or fairfaxparksandrec@yahoo.com
Margie

« #13 : December 21, 2010, 02:14:01 PM »

Thank you Katrina.  I do have to say I haven't heard any snowmobiles since this topic hit the forum.  But school vacation hasn't started yet.

roadkill
: 80

« #14 : December 21, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

I am the Groundskeeper at the school and with the new addition of the ski and walking path it has been very difficult to keep the snowmobiles off these trails. Today,  I put up signs from VAST that say no snowmobiles, I need 5 more but it is in my opinion based on the 12 years I have been there the signs will do no good, Its like a POSTED Hunting sign, if someone wants to do it they will do it, there is no law enforcement or ordinances in either the rec path or school to stop it, maybe there is, i dont know
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: