Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:40:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Full Obituary For Gloria Slattery
« previous next »
: [1]
: Full Obituary For Gloria Slattery  ( 2395 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 12, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »

Gloria C. Slattery
July 4, 1919 - Dec 8, 2010

Fairfax, VT / So. Burlington - Gloria C. Slattery, 91, passed from our community of Fairfax and South Burlington, Vermont on December 8, 2010 after a brief illness. She was born in Brooklyn, NY, July 4, 1919. She was educated and lived there; later employed as a Key Punch Operator for the American Hard Rubber Company followed by The Home Insurance Company in New York City. During this period she spent weekends in Craigsville, NY and later in Hamburg, NJ. Gloria retired in 1978. She moved from Brooklyn, NY to Fairfax in 1993 to be near her sister and husband's family Arthur and Evelyn Horr (now deceased). Gloria never married but provided care to her aging aunts and uncles in earlier years and companionship to her sister Evelyn after her husbands' passing in 2002. Throughout her life, she was very devout; consoling and helping many who were experiencing difficult times during their lives.
She was an active member of St Luke's Catholic Church of Fairfax, VT and participated in the activities of the Friendly Neighbors Seniors Citizens organization. When Gloria moved to her residence at the Pillsbury Gazebo Apartments in South Burlington she became a communicant of the St. John Vianney Catholic Church there.

She is survived and always remembered by her niece's family, Adele and James Hayes of West Fulton, NY, nephews' families Robert and Sharon Horr, Andrew Horr both of Fairfax, VT and William and Mary Horr of Tulsa, Oklahoma. She leaves 10 grandnieces and grand nephews; Kelly Horr Mills, Brett Horr, Robynn Horr Moore, Sean and Shannon Hayes, Rebecca Horr Joyce, Amanda Horr Lavigne, Daniel, and Megan Horr, Carrie Horr Ertel along with 6 great grandnieces and nephews; David and Jared Mills, Saoirse and Ula Hayes Hooper, Nolan Lavigne, Tre Thiery and her beloved friend & protector; the family dog MAC.

The family wishes to thank all of the staff at the Pillsbury Manor Gazebo Apartments for their genuine friendship and caring support while Gloria resided there.

There will be no viewing hours. A funeral mass is scheduled at the St. Luke's Catholic Church in Fairfax, VT on Thursday December 16, 2010 at 10AM. An inurnment will follow after mass at St. Lukes Cemetery on Rt 104, Fairfax, VT. Arrangements are by the Minor Funeral Home, Milton, VT.

In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Gloria's memory to the Alzheimer's Association, Vermont Chapter or a charity of your choice.

Gloria will be greatly missed by those who knew her; especially her family.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : December 16, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »

Unfortunately, even though my intentions were good to attend the funeral, I somehow had 11 a.m. embedded on my brain and arrived just as the funeral at Mass was over - My apologies to the family and also my deepest sympathy.

Henry Raymond
cowtchr
: 17

« #2 : December 17, 2010, 08:37:51 AM »

Hi Henry,

Although you may have missed the service, our family was pleased to see you at the cemetary.  Thank you for joining us. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Warmly,

Kelley Horr Mills
: [1]  
« previous next »
: