Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:10:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Night Hunting ?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Night Hunting ?  ( 3825 )
DrewCrash
: 104

« : December 02, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »

Hello. Tonight around 7:30 p.m., we heard a gun shot near our home (possibly < 1/4 mile from our house). This is uncommon so the incredible sound was somewhat alarming. When I got up to look into the dark, I noticed two trucks, similar to flat bed / tow trucks. They both had search / flood lights on a local field and were driving down what I presume they thought was an old dirt road due to its street sign. In actuality, its a long driveway serving two homes far off of the road. When they were getting closer, I presume they noticed the houses and the lights from my house and they ended their search for whatever they were searching for. Both trucks then departed in opposite directions.

I am sure there is an explanation and I am wondering what others think. My only conclusion was that these people were night hunting from their trucks. Thoughts?
Shadylane08
: 125

« #1 : December 03, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »

Well unfortunately this happens all to often.  I think most people would be surprised how many deer are shot out of legal season and after legal hours.  Every year in the area I hunt in fletcher/fairfax there are numerous stories of people "jackin" deer.  I'm not saying this is what you saw but just throwing it out there.

Also keep in mind that people can hunt coyotes 24 hours a day, they just can not use lights to illuminate them.  Coyotes are really on the move this time of year, I shot two last sunday ;-)

Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : December 03, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »

Could've been shooting at coyotes.... they're hasty retreat could've been ackowledging the fact they may be scarign local home owners - though unlikey.

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : December 03, 2010, 09:52:42 AM »

Coyotes is a possibility!! In the future Drew if you see someone shining a field like that and shooting, I would call 911 and tell them you need a warden at your location. Game Wardens live to catch poachers!! 

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : December 04, 2010, 02:27:12 AM »

Mexicans?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: