Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:02:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  First Couple To Occupy The Old Academy Street Apartments - Wife Dies
« previous next »
: [1]
: First Couple To Occupy The Old Academy Street Apartments - Wife Dies  ( 2488 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 24, 2010, 09:13:17 AM »

DOROTHY ARLINE GUMLAW

Fairfax, Dorothy Arline Gumlaw, 76 of Old Academy Street passed away in the presence of her loving husband on Tuesday November 23, 2010 in the Northwestern Medical Center in St. Albans.

Dorothy was born March 26, 1934 in Springfield, MA, the daughter of the late John and Lillian Amo Britton.
A proud mother of her own five children and many foster children, she was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Essex.  In her younger days, Dorothy served as an active member of the Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts where she served in advisory capacity on the Council level.  She loved doing crafts, especially ceramics and doing hand paintings.  On December 9, 1967 she was married to Bruce Gumlaw in the Springfield Chapel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Later their marriage was sealed October 28, 1983 in the Washington DC Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Dorothy will be missed by her husband, Bruce of Fairfax and her children; Glenn Hartley and his wife, Andrea of Milton, Gerry Hartley and his wife, Brenda of Zephyr Hills, FL, Tammy Goncalves and her husband, Jack of Ludlow, MA and Allen Gumlaw of Ludlow, MA.  She leaves 24 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren as well as several nieces and nephews.  She was predeceased by her daughter, Sharon Rescia.

There will be no Visiting Hours.

A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday November 27, 2010 from 5 to 6 pm with a reception immediately following in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 73 Essex Way, Essex Junction, VT 

Memorial Contributions may be made to the VT Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association, 300 Cornerstone Dr. Suite 128, Williston, VT  05495

Online condolences may be made at www.minorfh.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: