Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:12:25 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Good People Really Do Exist -- Thank You
« previous next »
: [1]
: Good People Really Do Exist -- Thank You  ( 3382 )
Kathleen
: 167

« : November 18, 2010, 09:51:42 AM »

The other night I heard a quick knock on my door and then saw someone run quickly pass my window.  I went to the door thinking it's a little late for a Halloween prank and saw a huge box and a frozen 16 lb turkey sitting on my stoop. 

I have a hard time accepting help like this because I always feel there are people who need the help more than I do.  Over the years, I have been blessed enough to always have someone there to help me when it was needed; whether it was family, my church, or other charitable organizations. 

Watching the news nowadays makes it easy to become cynical and leery of people; but then things like this happen and it reminds you that the world is still full of good, generous and kind people.

I have no idea who was responsible for this latest act of kindness, but wanted to express my heartfelt appreciation in an open forum (since they obviously wanted to remain anonymous) in hopes that my gratitude will reach the appropriate people.  I will be sharing my thanksgiving with others in need, so that your kindness will help more people than me.

THANK YOU! AND HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #1 : November 18, 2010, 11:06:14 AM »

This brought a smile to my face!

Kudos to the anonymous turkey-giver! People like you are what restores folks' faith in humanity...
slpott
: 457

« #2 : November 18, 2010, 01:10:39 PM »

I believe the gift of giving is very rewarding and fun when no one knows who did it. Pay it forward is my motto. I hope your t-day is wonderful
cedarman
: 370

« #3 : November 18, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »

I agree with slpott.  If people know who gave to them, they may look to return the favor in some way, but if they don't know who the giver was, I think MOST recipients would be inclined to help someone else out when/where/how they can.

Smiles encourage smiles,
Giving encourages Giving.
al brodeur
: 216

« #4 : November 18, 2010, 07:33:32 PM »

its my opinion that charity in whatever form is done without the reciever knowing who gave what and with no publicity or photo ops .I have used a go between that way  there are no awarkward times should you happen to meet nor did we know the names of those involved only the go between did. and it ended there.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: