Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:27:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Reviews
| | |-+  Ebay?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ebay?  ( 7685 )
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« : November 12, 2010, 07:44:58 AM »

Does anyone have any experience buying off Ebay?  How safe is it?  would buying and ATV off there be safe?  The guy is telling me he is in the military and wants to ship it to me from Alaska.  Just sounds fishy but I havenever bought off Ebay before.  Any in site would be helpfull.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : November 12, 2010, 07:55:20 AM »

My husband purchases a lot of fishing( no pun intended!) equipment from ebay.  The largest item was a box of 20 ice fishing tip ups. He has had very good luck with ebay. I think a four wheeler from Alaska sounds kind of sketchy to me.  Too big of an item, and way too far away.  We did buy a four wheeler off Craiglist last spring with good luck.  We did have to drive to east you know where to get it!  I hope you will find one too.
Scott
: 152

« #2 : November 12, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »

probably a scam.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Honda-Rincon-650-ATV-2900-Shipping-included-SCAM_W0QQugidZ10000000005185161

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-858-408-3555/22
« : November 12, 2010, 08:13:41 AM Henry »

Regards,
Scott
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : November 12, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

I ahve bought stuff but I always get a phone number to call so that we can complete the transaction as I will not put credit card numbers out on the internet and next what does one of these weigh? what is the frieght going to cost and will he prep it for shipping IE drain and purge the gas , drain the oil, crate it up?
I also would be very reluctant to buy anything like that  which I had not checked out also are they titled in Alaska? can you sign a title transfer from Vt? and one other thing is he asking for a money order for payment? because if he is he might be in prison as a postal money order is the only way they can get money. these scams are run alot with collector car parts
If it were me I would forget it because if it turns out to be not as advirtised how much will you have spent?
Stand Alone Defense

« #4 : November 12, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

Thanks everyone,  Def. a scam I tried emailing him some questions about what unit he was in and what branch of service.  He wouldn't answer and he couldn't get me the VIN off of the 4 wheeler so no way am I going for it.  Kind of wish I could find the guy though what a crook!!!

Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : November 12, 2010, 05:13:32 PM »

Josh,

Send me the shipping fee and I'll hold it for you.
slpott
: 457

« #6 : November 12, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »

I have purchased a lot of stuff on ebay and no problems. I pay through pay pal and there is usually 100% guarantee. Check his stats though.
Mike Raburn

« #7 : November 12, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »

Thanks everyone,  Def. a scam I tried emailing him some questions about what unit he was in and what branch of service.  He wouldn't answer and he couldn't get me the VIN off of the 4 wheeler so no way am I going for it.  Kind of wish I could find the guy though what a crook!!!

I didn't look at links...
What is his address Josh?
MAILING address.
Stand Alone Defense

« #8 : November 28, 2010, 10:56:11 AM »

Thanks Mike!! I thought of you right off to but the guy would not give me any other info.. I told him I had someone I knew in Anchorage that wanted to come look at it before I bought it, and he didn't respond to me after that.

Mike Raburn

« #9 : December 03, 2010, 12:10:19 AM »

Anyone with an Alaskan address from Ebay, except Wasilla, you know WHO lives there, let me know.

I'll check em out.

Forget that, I know a few cops in Wasilla, don't ask, I can get them to check them out.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: