Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:21:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/4/10 and Blog- The Election: My Two Cents
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/4/10 and Blog- The Election: My Two Cents  ( 4911 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 03, 2010, 11:14:17 PM »

Thursday November 4, 2010
Picture of the Day

Wednesday Night Lights

THE ELECTION: MY TWO CENTS
I have come to the conclusion that the American people have the attention span and patience of a fly.
Two years ago, people wanted change. They wanted health care. They wanted the ecomomy to get better.
So changes were made.
Two years later, people no longer want government health care, the economy didn't improve fast enough, so they made changes again.
People are like:
WE WANT CHANGE!!
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

THREE WEEKS AGO!!

So now changes were made. And two years from now, people will still be unhappy, because NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE NEXT TWO YEARS.
We will effectively have gridlock. The House is Republican. Anything they try to pass, the Democratic Senate will stifle. Anything the Senate tries to pass, it will die in the House. I guarantee that two years from now, President Obama will look old and gray.
And the absolute scary part is Crazy Cuzzin Mike's favorite neighbor is making her mark. Whether she is a third party candidate, or the Republicans say, What the Hell, let's follow her, 2012 will be an outright free-for-all.
And right now, she has a shot at winning. A little voice keeps telling me that Samantha Stephens, or Christine O'Donnell, or whatever her name is, will be her running mate. I am dead serious.

Face it. We can't get along anymore. We are too impatient and selfish. We are divided into Red states and Blue states. We are left or right. And nationally, we can't work with each other. Maybe we can on a local or state level, but I'm not even sure about that.

There is a bit in the play, "1776". It is about the Continental Congress and the drafting of the Declaration of Independence.
Anytime there is a voice vote, New York always abstains, courteously. Exasperated, John Hancock, President of the Congress, demands to know why New York always abstains. "Why doesn't New York stay in New York?"
The representative explains:
"Have you ever been to an assembly of the New York legislature? Everyone speaks very loudly and all at the same time, so no one listens to each other. Therefore, nothing ever gets done."
235 years later, we will be in the same boat.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
gkmcnall
: 130

« #1 : November 04, 2010, 06:30:42 AM »

I'm just happy the negative ads are gone and all the political signs are being taken down.  What a waste of landfill space.

Thanks for the picture, Mike.  I have more on my FB page if you want them.
tfence
: 257

« #2 : November 05, 2010, 06:55:02 AM »

the signs are good for weed wrap under mulch.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : November 05, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »

Change was expected but not fulfilled.

I agree with Uncle Mike.

I looked at our senate race and VT and the incumbents were voted back in. What the what?

Our incumbent who lost the Republican primary ran as a write in and may have won this.

BS....
cedarman
: 370

« #4 : November 08, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »

I think we'll see things improve regardless of what Congress (House and Senate) do, or DON'T do.  That's what we (the average citizen) do -  We keep trudging along and try to make things better for ourselves and our neighbors.  If we just waited for the government to rescue us, we'd be worse of than the people impacted by hurricane Katrina.

My personal experience with government is limited, but I think history shows that government RARELY makes any significant changes to society.  Society changes and government follows.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #5 : November 13, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »

Cedar,

The US Gov't has just told you that you MUST get health insurance and or we, as tax payers pay for that said health insurance for you.
The IRS will punish you if you don't.

AND any responsible person should provide themselves and their families with health care.

But what is next?

I have to wear a pink Speedo on Wednesdays, to work?
No one wants to see that.
No one.

I have one, I can show you if you want.........
« : November 13, 2010, 07:42:54 PM Mike Raburn »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: