Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:16:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  St. Luke's Turkey Dinner Was Delicious Yesterday
« previous next »
: [1]
: St. Luke's Turkey Dinner Was Delicious Yesterday  ( 1471 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 08, 2010, 09:59:07 AM »

Well, yesterday was the first time I have ever sat down at one of our Family Style St. Luke's Turkey Dinners.  St. Luke's started having their Turkey Dinners back in the 1960s when Father Hickey was here.  I used to work in some capacity or the other and ate with the workers after the third sitting.  For the past 18 or so years, I always got takeouts and we ate at home.

Let me tell you right now, eating after the third sitting, or getting a takeout doesn't hold a candle to actually sitting down at a table and being served family style.  I went down with my sister, Theresa, daughter Mary Kay and her friend Rich, and have to say, just never tasted anything so good.

They must have had a new recipe for the rolls - very good this year, not to forget the dressing, the squash, the mashed potatoes and excellent cabbage salad.  They also had pitchers of gravy on the tables.

In our case, we ran short of turkey, potatoes, dressing & squash, but thanks to Anissa Hartman who we caught as she was walking by, they were all replenished in short order.

Great pies also and nice big pieces - Thats the way to cut pie.

To all our wonderful workers, Thank You!!  Thank You!!  Thank You!!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: