Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:17:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ever Hear Of The Jesus Toaster???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ever Hear Of The Jesus Toaster???  ( 7206 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 30, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »

Some people pray before a meal, now you can pray with your meal.  A Vermont business is making, believe it or not, Jesus Toaster.  It's simple: you put your bread in and when it pops out one side of the toast has a burnt image of Jesus.

"It took off like crazy, we weren't prepared, we're in a farmhouse and a barn," said Owen Mercon.  He and a friend, Galen Dively III, came up with the idea when packing Christmas gifts last winter.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #1 : September 30, 2010, 09:17:35 AM »

I was recently at a flea market in Waterbury and they had an array of these toasters. It went from a smiley face to a dope leaf. It is amazing what people come up with. I rather say the Pledge of Allegiance than have a dope leaf on my toast. Just my opinion. Maybe this will be regulated too if we vote right.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #2 : September 30, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »

Government regulating toaster symbols?  Wow, what a total waste of government money, time, and energy.  That is one of the silliest things I've ever heard, slpott.  And even worse, it would be blatant violation of the First Ammendment of the Constitution, which gives us the right to Free Speech.  Give government the power to do that, and some day your Jesus toaster might get banned, when people you dont agree with happen to be in power.  I want less government in my personal life, not more.

We have a Hello Kitty toaster, and I can only imagine how pissed my Sarah would be if it was illegal! ;)

« : September 30, 2010, 09:42:48 AM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
slpott

« #3 : September 30, 2010, 01:45:39 PM »

Silly as it may seem it is reality. I was not being silly. I was being realistic. Look what is happening in this world and then make an opinion.
GamingWeasel
: 184

« #4 : September 30, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

Your reality is not my reality, heh. ;)

My carefully considered opinion is stated pretty clearly in my previous post.  Maybe read it again?

The First Ammendment give us our free speech rights, but it does not grant people the right to not be offended.  I would surely be greatly offended by a swastika symbol creating toaster, for example, but that doesnt doesnt give me the right to ban people from using or owning one.  This is a very important part of our freedoms.
« : September 30, 2010, 02:13:52 PM GamingWeasel »

Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
slpott

« #5 : September 30, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »

I have to admit, I was totally kidding. That was not my intent or opinion. I too want less govt. Sorry for the misrepresentation.
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : October 01, 2010, 12:15:38 AM »

I thought the 35th amendment to the Constitution was the separation of electricity and State.

I missed a few days in high scholl so I may be incoorect. 

I have a Sarah Palin toaster that I will let go reel cheep.

Uncle Mike?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #7 : October 01, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »

No Thanks.
A Darth Vader toaster would be cool.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
mirjo
: 785

« #8 : October 01, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »

Holy toaster, Batman!

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
MikeF9
: 1994

« #9 : October 01, 2010, 10:51:07 PM »

That one too! The bat insignia? I'm there.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #10 : October 02, 2010, 01:50:52 AM »

NERDS
trussell
: 870

« #11 : October 02, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »

Those sound good, but if anyone comes up with a Superman toaster, I deserve royalites ;)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mirjo

« #12 : October 03, 2010, 03:33:15 AM »

I was recently at a flea market in Waterbury and they had an array of these toasters. It went from a smiley face to a dope leaf. It is amazing what people come up with. I rather say the Pledge of Allegiance than have a dope leaf on my toast. Just my opinion. Maybe this will be regulated too if we vote right.

I totally got your sarcasm splott. The problem with this type of medium, is that tone is not heard and meaning is always misconstrued b/c of it, making it almost impossible to communicate effectively. I'm in opposition of over regulation also, but understand that in some situations, it's a necessary evil. It's just something that we really need to be careful about wishing for I think.

My pet peeve is common sense safety regs. I don't think there should be a mandated seat belt law for adults. Children, I can understand--some don't have parents that are that bright, but I think law enforcement has far more important things to do than police otherwise law-abiding citizens on their seatbelt use. It really annoys me that the legislature actually spent their time passing this law when we have so many other real problems. But that's a far bigger issue/argument than a Jesus Toaster--which is just funny.

I'm not overly reverent, but I would think that sort of thing would just leave the door wide open for a bunch of crude jokes about eating Jesus/the body of Christ/any number of Catholic or Christian analogies, etc... Not to mention, it just seems a little sacrilegious to eat a piece of Jesus toast. ?? :P

mirjo

« #13 : October 03, 2010, 01:25:23 PM »

Those sound good, but if anyone comes up with a Superman toaster, I deserve royalites

T. how many times do we have to go over this...you are not actually Superman... he's a comic book hero, not real a drawn cartoon.
 I love you man, but seriously, you need to get back on your meds...;-)

: [1]  
« previous next »
: