Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:59:33 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Roger Chase - Local Antique Gun Collector Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Roger Chase - Local Antique Gun Collector Passes Away  ( 3128 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 02, 2006, 08:44:34 AM »

ROGER WILLIAM CHASE

NORTH CAMBRIDGE - Roger William Chase, age 76, a lifelong resident of North Cambridge, was taken in the arms of the good Lord at his home as he rested peacefully in his favorite rocking chair and quietly went to sleep on Friday, July 28, 2006. He was born in North Cambridge, Vt., Nov. 5, 1929, son of the late Clifford H. and Doris (Corey) Chase.

He was a graduate of Cambridge High School, Class of 1948. Following graduation he worked with his father on the family farm. In 1965 he started employment with IBM retiring in 1988. He continued retirement collecting guns and operating Chase Gun Shop, which he established in 1951. Roger was an avid trapper, hunter and woodsman. He was a dedicated father and friend and will be tremendously missed by all of those who had the true pleasure to know him.

He is survived by two children, a son, Duane E. Chase of Jeffersonville, and a daughter, Elizabeth Chase of Brandon, Fla.; as well as the children’s mother, Theresa Dashno of Riverview, Fla. He was also predeceased by a sister, Meridith Chase; and an infant brother.

Visiting Hours will be held at the A.W. Rich Funeral Home Fairfax chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 4, 2006. There will be no funeral services. Inurnment will be private and at the convenience of the family. Memorial contributions in Roger’s memory may be made to Copley Hospital Foundation, 528 Washington Highway Morrisville, Vt. 05661; or Cambridge Rescue Squad, P.O. Box 431, Jeffersonville, Vt. 05464.

Arrangements are by John D. Workman of the A.W. Rich Funeral Home, Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St., Fairfax.[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: