Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:12:28 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Blog- Football is Back
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Blog- Football is Back  ( 11665 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 13, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »

Monday September 13, 2010
Blog

FOOTBALL IS BACK

Sorry, no picture today.

Like the Daytona 500 means spring is coming, the return of the National Football League means summer is over and fall is here. Winter will be here before you know it. Blech.

I really enjoy watching NFL Red Zone, a special channel from the NFL that looks at all the games with close attention to the games where one team is trying to score and is within the "Red Zone", inside the final 20 yards. Scott Hanson is the host. You get to see all the touchdowns, and there is no commercials.
My Oakland Raiders are thought to be an improvement over the past few years, but it didn't show Sunday. Lost again.

The one team I can not bring myself to root for, at any time, is the Dallas Cowboys. Never liked them. No matter who they played. Anytime I see owner Jerry Jones with a sour-indigestion-induced look on his face, I smile. Enjoyed Sunday night's game. Dallas lost the game on a holding penalty. Hahahahaha.

But, that's just me.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : September 13, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »

Yes the weekends just got good as far as TV viewing is concerned.  College football on Saturdays followed by the NFL on Sundays although the only NFL games I watch are the Pats and occasionally the Colts to see if they are loosing to harass my sister-in-law. 
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : September 14, 2010, 12:59:33 AM »

It's ALL back!

I was dismayed with the Raiders. With the Raiders NOT in any contention seems to make the NFL no fun.

The Raiders NEED to be contenders, period.

Colts being whooped on by the Texans amazed me. Did you see Peyton's stats!! NUTZ!
And still lost.

Ravens beating the Jets was awesome. Did you see Ray Lewis's hit on Keller?? WOW!

Bills lost, no surprise there.

Pats cheat.

Redskins beating Cowboys was just plain awesome.
Although I do have Miles Austin in my Fantasy league. He did me well.

OH, and KC looked AWESOME against da Chargers.

GO BILLS, GO BAMA!!!!
Doyle78
: 46

« #3 : September 15, 2010, 05:45:35 AM »

i really liked that play dallas ran at the end of the first half. reminded me of a giants game of yesteryear. and you forgot detroit got hosed. i didn't do so well on my picks this last week.
Mike Raburn

« #4 : September 24, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »

Detroit was hosed by the stoopid rule.
That #35 on Chicago defense is from Anchorage or at least he played his HS ball here.
Zack Bowman.
A few years back a friend of mines kid came to live with us.
They lived in Ketchikan and there was no FB there. So he came here and played at the same HS that Zack attended.
Long story Long story, I know ANOTHER guy in the NFL and they both have been in the igloo here.

Mike, keep this blog going week to week PLEASE!

Please win ONE game Bills...please.

GO RAVENS!
Doyle78

« #5 : September 24, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »

i have done awful on my picks first two weeks. 7-9 each week boooooooooooooo for me!!!!!!!!!!!
Doyle78

« #6 : September 24, 2010, 06:50:05 AM »

something to discuss........... thoughts on michael vick ?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #7 : September 24, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »

He's really lucky he's getting a second chance. It's a wonder the away crowds don't bark at him while he's on the field.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn

« #8 : September 24, 2010, 06:40:57 PM »

something to discuss........... thoughts on michael vick ?

He is looking real good in the pocket.

I agree, second chance.

I am amazed. Good for him....woof woof.
Doyle78

« #9 : September 25, 2010, 06:25:51 AM »

i've had people say he doesn't deserve a second chance and others say he's done his time. he looks pretty good to me. wouldn't mind having him on my team. still a great runner. maybe he will lead the eagles in rushing yards if kolb is out much longer. any way i would take him on my team in a heart beat. maybe if they play cleveland the dog pound will attack him.
Mike Raburn

« #10 : September 26, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »

I have Brees and Kolb on my fantasy team....Guess who is riding the bench.

EVERYONE deserves a second chance.
Doyle78

« #11 : September 30, 2010, 03:43:35 PM »

10-6 on my picks last week, better than the two weeks before. my prediction, eagles win super bowl, michael vick named mvp, all dog owners in us picket pro football.
Mike Raburn

« #12 : October 01, 2010, 12:09:49 AM »

Vick beat up on some cats last week too.

He cannot catch a break!
Doyle78

« #13 : October 01, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »

this week he is going to beat up some native americans.... before the year is over he will have cowboys and indians after him also.
Mike Raburn

« #14 : October 02, 2010, 12:37:41 AM »

I would LOVE to see the Redskins BEAT the Eagles.

Philly booed McNabb when they announced his draft pick. Yeah, I watch the draft.

McNabb is solid. Future HOF' mer.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Win ONE, please!????
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: