Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:26:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 9/13/09 and Blog- The Night at Bear Ridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 9/13/09 and Blog- The Night at Bear Ridge  ( 2586 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : September 13, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »

September 13, 2009
Pictures of the Day

The cars were ready to go Saturday afternoon.

Jim McCaffery's #7

Lonnie's first trip to the pits on the wrecker.

THE NIGHT AT BEAR RIDGE
Didn't go exactly as planned.
Because the race was a non-points race, the promoter tried something different. Time trials were held, and then twin 15-lap races. Take the finsh of the first, and invert it for the start of the 2nd.
Anthony was 5th fastest, Lonnie, 6th. Tunk Berry, the newly crowned SCONE champion, set fast time, but lost oil pressure, and parked. Our friend Jim McCaffrey, was 8th fastest in time trials.
12 sprint cars were in the pits, but only nine started. Mark Cole had problems and missed the first segment.
Someone new was driving Si Allen's number 88. In hot laps, he was going up the backstretch, bumped wheels with Anthony, and took off, climbing the backstretch wall, climbed the billboards, and even the trees in back of the billboards. Not sure if the throttle stuck or what, but Carl, who was off turn three, said he could hear the motor screaming even after the car landed in the trees.
Lonnie got off to a great start in the first segment, getting past Anthony, and was battling the #9 of Robbie Bodwell for second, when they collided, and Lonnie hit an inside tire barrier, and had the front end taken out.
Anthony, meanwhile, spun while in third and ended up 7th, behind Jim.
They got Lonnie's car repaired for the second segment. Anthony started outside pole, with Jim in third. Lonnie was out back.
They had run a 35 lap modified race, along with other divisions before the second segment, so the track was very hard and smooth by the time the sprints went out.
Anthony was able to jump in front, and Jim moved to second, and was running really well. Just past mid-race, Lonnie collided with Mark Cole, and ended the night on the wrecker, again. On the restart, Jim realized he could hear something, and knew he broke a right rear shock. He pulled out of the way, and let everyone pass, and kept going.
Anthony, still in the lead, had his hands full. The track was like driving on ice, and there was no grip. He kept spinning the tires, and looped it in turn two. he finshed the segment in 7th.
I couldn't find a complete finished based on points, but I do know Lonnie was 10th, Anthony was 6th, and I think Jim might have finshed 5th.
When I get the full reults. I will post them here. Notice the #90 behind Jim's car. Matt Tanner finished 3rd in the first segment, and won the 2nd, earning him the overall win.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: