Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:18:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  new DTV signals and your TV
« previous next »
: [1]
: new DTV signals and your TV  ( 2961 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : December 10, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »

Next Tuesday night (Dec. 16) at 7:58 p.m., all Vermont TV stations will conduct a "soft test" of the coming DTV transition.  Those viewers still receiving analog (non-digital) signals will see a message that they'll need to get a DTV converter box before the Feb. 17, 2009 transition.  Likewise, those receiving digital signals through cable, satellite or a digitally-equipped TV will be assured that they're all set for the transition.

There will be a team of experts on hand at Vermont Public Television on the evening of Dec. 16 to answer any questions.
The phone number will be on the screen during the test. 

If you need a new converter box, call 1-888-DTV-2009 or visit www.dtv.gov to get a $40 off  coupon toward the cost of a converter box (they run from $39.99 to 69.99).  Each household can get two coupons. 

Feel free to  e-mail  me at  cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us  if you have any questions.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: