Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:56:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Voting Results
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Voting Results  ( 6192 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 06, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »

The Town Budget passed:  525 - 342

School Budgets passed:  502 - 365

Town Office Building Failed:  482 - 381

David Shea is the Selectboard Person beating Keith Potvin 400 - 362

Tom Fontaine is the 3 yr Selectboard Person beating Lutz 450 - 273

Madonne Rainville is the new school director beating Roy Hill 556 - 201

The above are not the official numbers, but close - If my memory serves me correctly the total people voting was around 880

Its been a long day and I will look more into this tomorrow as far as the actual numbers go, but I think the end result will be the same.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : March 06, 2012, 10:32:27 PM »

Thank you Henry!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : March 07, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »

Congratulations to Tom Fontaine and Dave Shea !
Welcome aboard.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : March 07, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

Amazing. The town office failed again, because it's not understood that the problem will not go away and the cost will not decrease by waiting and re-figuring. I listened to the arguments and felt that the questions had been answered already and people just didn't like the answers. Even the students  understood the  need of the town and the fact that the cost of building it is only going to increase the longer it drags on. If it's not clear at this point, it's likely never to be. Things have a way of working themselves out and that may be the course this is on.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
kpplus2

« #4 : March 07, 2012, 06:19:52 PM »

I think that if we re-think the issue maybe a smaller footprint for the building (acres) do we need almost 8 acres for the municipal building? I think the tax payers see the 450,000 in interest and it turns them way off. You hit the nail on the head with "its only gonna get more expensive". But maybe we can take a new look at the location, alternatives to the plan etc. Bottom line the town needs a new facility just got to dig deep, be creative and find a way to skin this cat.

Keith Potvin
kpplus2

« #5 : March 07, 2012, 06:33:13 PM »

I want to thank all the folks that voted for me. losing by 38 is OK with me!! The support truly meant the the world to me. Unfortunately I came up a little short. No worries. I wish Dave and Tom great success in there new responsibility to our great town.

We all work for "customers" no matter how we look at it: kids, spouse, supervisors; tax payers, etc. it is the job of town officials to represent the tax payers. They elected you and expect you to serve the needs of the town to the best of your ability. Do your best and ensure that when you lay your head down on your pillow at night you have put your own prejudice's aside and did whats best in the big picture. 

Take Care and I will continue to serve my local youth, country, state, county and town.

Take Care and God bless
Keith Potvin
kevin
: 64

« #6 : March 07, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »

While I understand the need for the new town office the number that is too big to me is the $150,000 for 2 acres of land.  Has this price of land really gone that high?  If that is the what the people selling it are trying to get out of the taxpayers of Fairfax then maybe the town should re-asses the rest of the sellers land and charge them taxes based on $75,000 per acre.  The cost per acre seems steep to me.  That being said I did vote in favor of building the new office.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
-Winston Churchill
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : March 08, 2012, 06:18:34 AM »

I want to thank all the folks that voted for me. losing by 38 is OK with me!! The support truly meant the the world to me. Unfortunately I came up a little short. No worries. I wish Dave and Tom great success in there new responsibility to our great town.

We all work for "customers" no matter how we look at it: kids, spouse, supervisors; tax payers, etc. it is the job of town officials to represent the tax payers. They elected you and expect you to serve the needs of the town to the best of your ability. Do your best and ensure that when you lay your head down on your pillow at night you have put your own prejudice's aside and did whats best in the big picture. 

Take Care and I will continue to serve my local youth, country, state, county and town.

Take Care and God bless
Keith Potvin
Thanks for stepping up and running Keith, that in itself is not a easy decision or task to undertake.  Also thank you for all your service you already provide by serving your country in the armed forces and working with the sheriff's office.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: