Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:52:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Comcast
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Comcast  ( 13094 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #15 : September 21, 2010, 12:53:05 AM »

OK, here goes....gulp....I'm the guy who showed up at Clach's door   (thanks for the order by the way), and I've had a very mixed bag of responses to our presence in Fairfax, so with the blessing of the kind moderator, I am now available to (hopefully) clarify details, answer questions, sit down with you, etc.  I have a pretty thick skin, but go easy on me-I'm only one guy in a big operation.  However, I'm a straight shooter and I'll do my best to help you out.

Well that is pretty stand-up!
Comcast is not in Alaska.

But if a brave soul comes in and offers advice and help, that is above and beyond the call of duty.

I did have a tech support guy help me via a local forum sorta like Henry's and it was great.
As cableguy said, he is basically a cog in the wheel,,,,so do go easy on him.
CLach
: 98

« #16 : September 21, 2010, 08:00:39 AM »

see i told you he was a polite gentleman.....thx cableguy for standing in front of the firing squad...thats what people want to see, a salesman backing up his product/services...kudos. 
I'm looking fwd to the higher internet speeds, for both, my wife and I work from home from time to time. 

HC-so you are the ones he was talking about when he said people on our road already had service, we had no idea they were in our area. 
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #17 : September 21, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »

Thanks for coming online Cableguy.  I really appreciate your participation on this forum.  Currently your service goes down Fletcher Road, and stops at Shephardson Hollow and Wilkins Road. I live about a 1/4 mile down the road.  I have inquired about service as you can see above and not had a very positive response.  Is there any chance of up coming up the road?  I am disappointed with customer service, but I have enjoyed your service in the past when I was in Essex.

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
cableguy
: 4

« #18 : September 21, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »

MKR, why don't you PM me your address and I'll check it out for you.  I think you're right, but I can get a definite answer one way or the other.
David Shea
: 471

« #19 : September 21, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »

Cableguy,

I am glad you took my suggestion to get on the Fairfax Web Page.

I am currently a Fairpoint DSL customer.  .13mbs up and .750mbs down.  I have outgrown this connection.  Comcast has service 1/2 way up my street.  On one call to Comcast I was told that I could get the service if I paid to have the line extended at a cost of $18,000.00.  I asked if I would also be charged for the service... answer was yes. 

Do these guys also get bonuses for being comedians?

cableguy
: 4

« #20 : September 21, 2010, 11:00:20 PM »

Yeah we all get bonuses for being funny, but 18,000 USD is not a funny answer to your question!  I have 2 questions for you:  1) when did you get this quote, and who were you working with  2) what is your address?  PM me to keep it private. 

Sometimes our comedy is so misunderstood!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: