Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:53:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Child in St. J. Run Over, Injured
« previous next »
: [1]
: Child in St. J. Run Over, Injured  ( 3923 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : July 06, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »

On 7/6/10 Vermont State Troopers responded to a report of a child being accidentally run over by her mother in the Green Lantern Trailer Park in St. Johnsbury, VT.

The child had exited the vehicle and assuming the child was clear of the vehicle the mother Susan pulled forward to get out of the road. The child after exiting the vehicle and while running around the front of the van dropped a bag and was bent down to pick it up. Susan advised she had received a cell phone call while her daughter was exiting the vehicle so she lost track of her daughter. The van then moved forward knocking the child over. Both the child’s legs were then run over by the vans tires. The child was transported to NVRH by CALEX AMBULANCE. No life threatening injuries were sustained.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Judi
: 508

« #1 : July 06, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »

Chris, I think Henry should give you a special spot for all the bad news reports that are now currently under Fairfax news and events. You could call it Chris Santee's other website!
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : July 06, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

Hi Judi,

I only posted this to keep people aware of
the dangers of children near cars.

Whatever I can do to help a child, or a parent, I will.
I hope the "bad news" didn't mess up the day.

Enjoy, and be safe.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #3 : July 07, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »

Watching the channel 3 news this morning they said the mother was distracted due to talking on her cell while operating the vehicle in the driveway. The moral is NOT the dangers of children around vehicles, its the stupidity of adults.  I would dare say looking back now, how important WAS that phone call? is being asked.  People have gotten too comfortable with multitasking and need to focus on the task at hand which in the case of driving is: safely navigating a 4000lb plus vehicle around obstacles including but not limited to roadways, other vehicles and human beings. 
Formerflatlander
: 67

« #4 : July 07, 2010, 08:16:35 PM »

Even though VT has passed the texting while driving ban, it is amazing how many people are so addicted to their phones that they ignore this law.  It would be nice to see write ups in the BFP or Messenger on drivers pulled over for texting while driving, on the front page no less.  Don't see that happening in the near future, but it would be good press for our law enforcement agencies.
I hope mother and child recover and learn from this accident.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: