Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:50:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Signs Of Spring - Not All Welcome
« previous next »
: [1]
: Signs Of Spring - Not All Welcome  ( 5533 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 22, 2010, 12:56:53 PM »

The Moles survived the winter just fine

The last heavy wet snow storm made it difficult to plow driveways without plowing crushed stone on the grass

In a tree next to my house a woodpecker is demolishing a tree

Henry Raymond
ohhman
: 469

« #1 : March 26, 2010, 01:31:13 PM »

Henry, moles here are a big problem this year! We have chased them out of their holes only for them to go into new ones! I discovered & disposed of a nest, yup I decided these weren't going to live!, but yet they seem to multiply faster than I can get rid of...them & the red squirrels!  A good friend said to scatter banana peels around; she said they don't like the potassium.  So every peel I get, I cut up & scatter where I see signs;  it seems to work where I put them but the little rodents find new places & I keep adding more peels.  They may move to my neighbors lawns soon; don't tell them they came from here! I think my indoor well fed cats will soon be finding a little less for meals here & get a breath of some brisk spring air!
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #2 : March 26, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »

Castor Oil works really well too!  We had a problem with them a few years back, bougth this stuff from Gardners Supply - literally it was just Castor Oil We It says to mix it with water ( which we all know oil and water do not mix - but it did break it into smaller 'bubbles') and then using either a watering can or a hose-end sprayer to spread it all around the areas in question.  we did it once 2-3 years ago and they haven't been back!

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
al brodeur
: 216

« #3 : March 26, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »

another thing for moles is to feed them--juicy fruit gum split the slices in half length wise and drop in their runs use gloves to keep your scent off of the gum keep replacing the gum when its gone and in a few days the gum will remain and your little friends will be gone
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : March 27, 2010, 12:43:45 AM »

BIND them up!

Will they explode leaving mole poo?
trussell
: 870

« #5 : March 27, 2010, 11:34:19 AM »

Yes, Mike.  And it's yellow and looks like juicy fruit gum :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Judi
: 508

« #6 : March 27, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »

LOL LOL LOL you guys are too much!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : March 30, 2010, 04:46:38 PM »

Being Henry's daughter and neighbor, I have to say we have had way too many of them squatting in our yards...   Always entertaining to hear what has worked for someone else and Dad whips up the formula they recommended only for it to fail. 

Oh yeah, let's just say the "Whack-A-Mole" game makes it way too easy.  Those little buggers are fast, but I understand now why someone would create that game.....

However, I have to say I will take moles over living in a city any day!! :-)

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Judi
: 508

« #8 : March 30, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

You may be smelling juicy fruit gum on River Road soon! Two packs are waiting to be let loose anytime now.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: